tml
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Saw everything I wanted to see and more, the downside, hotel not good, rooms very out of date, not everyone had a balcony(I was one) even though we all paid the same! I was looking forward to some lovely Italian food at hotel, bitterly disappointed! Cold boiled sprouts brought out halfway through dinner?!!! Upside, did meet some fab people! Although there was 5 or 6 on this trip who had booked this trip together! They were so rude! Wouldn't let anyone sit on ' their table' surely this isn't the ethos of just you!!!!
Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi TML,

Thanks for writing a review. I did the classic cities of Italy tour for my first JY trip, and likewise - the food was terrible. However I didn't let it put me off and I've since been on two further holidays (not Italy) where everything was fantastic.

Sorry you came across some rude people - usually us single travellers are the nicest and most friendliest bunch of people one could hope to meet. Its definitely not the ethos of JY... however I am not sure they are able to control people who don't want to mix.

Kezzer

SarahS
(Member)
Oh dear, I've booked this holiday for 7 October. Before I paid the balance, I asked the agent about poor reviews of the hotel, and was assured feedback has been satisfactory apart from one early tour, so I went ahead and paid in full. It's disappointing to hear things haven't changed. Obviously JY either can't possibly due to contract with hotel, or won't make any changes. Any comments moderators?
SarahS
(Member)
I have been on several tours now when groups six or more have booked together. There's not much JY can do to prevent it but refusing to let others sit at the same table is a different matter. The terms and conditions include a seat rotation policy. Can't this be extended to dining? Few tour managers seem willing to address the problem of large groups not wanting to mix; looking after their tips perhaps? It seems the company is becoming the victim of its own success, with the result that the "singles" image is getting a bit tarnished. That's a great same.
tml
(Member) (Topic Starter)
The problem was these people had booked as a group! Everyone else was so very friendly, as we all said, why didn't these people book with a ' high street ' travel agent, because they did not want to bother with any of us, it upset a few people, tour manager was aware of it and said she would report it back to just you.
(Member)
Hi everyone,

I have passed this on to the team here at Just You. Your comments will be took into consideration by our holiday advisors.

Tml - I am grateful that you got to see everything that you wanted to see and more, but I apologise that you did not have the best experience on this tour!! Someone will be in contact with you soon to get your personal feeback.

Kindest regards,

Monty

SarahS
(Member)
Just to confirm, even if the hotel can't be changed at this stage, is there any chance the food can be brought up to an acceptable standard?
tml
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I did fill in the review from from JY, had a letter few days ago from them, words to the effect of, glad you enjoyed your holiday and looking forward to you booking again soon! So would be good to actually speak with one of your representatives, as I said previously I did see everything I wanted to see, and apart from the group who booked together, met some lovely people regards tml
Venetian
(Member)
'tml' wrote:

Saw everything I wanted to see and more, the downside, hotel not good, rooms very out of date, not everyone had a balcony(I was one) even though we all paid the same! I was looking forward to some lovely Italian food at hotel, bitterly disappointed! Cold boiled sprouts brought out halfway through dinner?!!! Upside, did meet some fab people! Although there was 5 or 6 on this trip who had booked this trip together! They were so rude! Wouldn't let anyone sit on ' their table' surely this isn't the ethos of just you!!!!

Oh dear, I have booked this trio for 7 October and it is my first JY holiday! Hopefully the comments on this thread will be taken onboard,