anngoll
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi it's Anne. Just returned from this holiday which exceeded all my expectations. What a wonderful place and a fantastic group of fellow travellers - hello to you all. The scenery was stunning, the weather glorious, Jonathan was a brilliant Tour Manager, and the hotel staff were the friendliest people making us feel like part of the family. I have so many great memories of the last week I'm writing them all down in a journal!

I would recommend this holiday to anyone.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Glad you had a great time, I did this tour a few years ago and it's certainly worth going on..

Cindy

pattycake883
(Member)
Hi Anne, I am so pleased to hear that you had a good time. I'm booked to go on this trip on 10 September.

Can you tell me - did the day in Florence get you into the Uffizi gallery?

Wanderlust
(Member)
Hello Anne,

You beat me to it! I absolutely agree with everything Anne has said. This was an amazing holiday with so many highlights. I never imagined when I booked it that I would meet so many lovely people and make some very special friends.

As you say Anne, the hotel was lovely and the staff, food and accommodation were all excellent.

Jonathan, our Tour Manager did a wonderful job with a great sense of humour (he needed it!).

We were all sad to go home on Thursday. This was my first JY trip but it definitely won't be my last. I had a ball. Thank you.

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
So glad you all had a wonderful time. My main problem, do we get enough time in Florence to go on our own as Florence is only one of three Hard Rock Cafes in the whole of Italy. Been to Venice, then the only other one is in Rome :thumbup:

Jan

anngoll
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

We saw the outside of the Uffizi but a visit there isn't included in the itinerary. We didn't go in as the queue was way too long and we wouldn't have had time to see much else in Florence (even though we had a full day there). If you really do want to see the Uffizi on your tour it may be worth getting in touch with Just You to find out the date/time you'll be there as you can pre-book a ticket on the Uffizi's website to save time queuing.

Just You also do a city break there where you'd get more time to see the museums and the City. Some of us from the highlights tour are already talking about going back there to see more of it.

Enjoy your trip 🙂

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
I went on this holiday in October about 5 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although the Uffizi wasn't included in the itinerary one of our group booked a ticket through their website but, even so, he seems to have had an awfully long wait to get into the actual gallery. From what he told us afterwards, he had to get in one queue to start with, then was processed into another queue and then... Things may have improved since then but I agree with anngoll that a dedicated trip to Florence might give a better opportunity to visit the gallery.

Ann

magzi
  • (Member)
(Member)
'pattycake883' wrote:

Hi Anne, I am so pleased to hear that you had a good time. I'm booked to go on this trip on 10 September.

Hi I will be on the same trip. Not long now. :thumbup:

pattycake883
(Member)
'magzi' wrote:

'pattycake883' wrote:

Hi I will be on the same trip. Not long now. :thumbup:

Hello fellow traveller. Looking forward to meeting you, the name's Julie

pattycake883
(Member)
'AnnF' wrote:

I went on this holiday in October about 5 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although the Uffizi wasn't included in the itinerary one of our group booked a ticket through their website but, even so, he seems to have had an awfully long wait to get into the actual gallery. From what he told us afterwards, he had to get in one queue to start with, then was processed into another queue and then... Things may have improved since then but I agree with anngoll that a dedicated trip to Florence might give a better opportunity to visit the gallery.

Ann

Thanks for all the advice re the gallery. I think I'd better book for the City Trip then.