Mick W
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Yes its early for my review as I don't go while next week but for those interested in following our trip I intend to blog about the holiday on a daily basis. A sort of live review.

Did this on the Xmas in Croatia holiday and got lots of positive feedback so thought would do it again (assuming the hotel has free wi-fi).

Can follow it here :-

http://micks-travels.blogspot.co.uk/ 

Mick

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Looking forward to reading it Mick, hope you have a great holiday!

Cheers,

Bob

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Got my photos downloaded to Flickr, here is a link for those interested :-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8308363@N02/sets/72157651840995349/ 

Mick

mags5
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

Got my photos downloaded to Flickr, here is a link for those interested :-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8308363@N02/sets/72157651840995349/ 

Mick

Hi Mick

Great to see the photos! For all the ups and downs was a great holiday and we sure had lots of laughs. Feel better though after a rest from those loooong walks!!!

Mags

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Loved your blog and read the whole lot together, thank you for the heads about Siena. The photos though, wow does not describe it. Loved 109 with the poppies. As I am going on the Flavours of Tuscany in October with my sister, I wll make sure she sees the photos as well :thumbup:

Jan

martin whitehead
(Member)
Hi Mike

Just read you about your hoilday it sound good can not weight for september when i go

From Martin

Bosuncat
(Member)
I have been reading the daily blog with interest Mick. Sounds as though a good time was had by all in spite of the lack of bacon! :thumbup:

Your weather certainly looks as though it was better than when I went! Have just briefly looked at your pics. I like your new car!

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'martin wrote:

Hi Mike

Just read you about your hoilday it sound good can not weight for september when i go

From Martin

Hi Martin,

Yes think you'll enjoy it i do think the mix of walks and touring days really suited me, its a very good formula. Hope it proves popular and JY add more of this type of holiday.

Just added a summary post to my blog.

Mick

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

I have been reading the daily blog with interest Mick. Sounds as though a good time was had by all in spite of the lack of bacon! :thumbup:

Your weather certainly looks as though it was better than when I went! Have just briefly looked at your pics. I like your new car!

Elaine,

Yes the weatherwas good apart from one soaking we got and a bit chilly last day (the wine soon warmed us) but will point out only one of the group was brave enough to wear shorts (even in the snow) :D

Mick

Asti
  • (Member)
(Member)
Great pics Mick - ta for sharing. Lots of great memories. Thanks for the laughs and fab company. Hope JY arrange some more walking holidays departing from Heathrow.

Annette

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Elaine,

Yes the weatherwas good apart from one soaking we got and a bit chilly last day (the wine soon warmed us) but will point out only one of the group was brave enough to wear shorts (even in the snow) :D

Mick

I noticed!! I only ventured down to the main Piazzo once in Sienna when I went because the weather was so bad, and I found it quite slippery. I feel awful because I meant to tell you before you went of a nice little bar I found just across from St Catherine's Church that did decent, reasonably priced grub. I forgot!! 😞

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Asti' wrote:

Great pics Mick - ta for sharing. Lots of great memories. Thanks for the laughs and fab company. Hope JY arrange some more walking holidays departing from Heathrow.

Annette

Hi Annette,

Yes hope so, I fully enjoyed the holiday and would def do another, great mix of walks & touring and of course a few of us having lots of laughs made for a excellent holiday :thumbup:.

Mick