Jean77
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have recently returned from this trip and thought my review might help others considering it next year.

The hotel, Les Palmeres, is situated off a fairly busy road and a few moments from the beach. Other hotels are very close so there is not much privacy, especially if you want to sit out on your small balcony. The rooms are very clean and spacious but a bit tired, especially the bathroom. There is a small fridge and a safe which costs 20 euros per week. There is free wifi throughout the hotel including the rooms, but the signal drops quite frequently. The staff are pleasant and helpful and the food was very good. The main complaint about the hotel was the noise both from inside and from other hotels nearby. The walls are very thin and it seems to be impossible to close room doors without banging. So there was a lot of disturbed sleep. Rooms on the poolside seem to be quieter.

Calella is a typical Spanish seaside resort. Quite pleasant with lots of shops, bars, restaurants. The beach is lovely although the sand is quite gritty. The railway runs along the coast with Calella station about 15 minutes walk from the hotel. It is possible to take the train into Barcelona. Quite a few of our group did this. The journey takes about an hour and costs 9 euros return.

The excursions were fantastic. I did them all and loved them. Montserrat was amazing. Such stunning scenery. Girona worth a visit but it would have been good to be there a bit longer. Rosas is set in a beautiful sandy bay but a bit spoilt with all the modern apartment blocks etc. Figueras and the Dali museum was another highlight. The coastal tour was a gentle introduction to the area. Stops at Tossa de Mar and San Feliu were very pleasant. And Barcelona...what can I say? An amazing city that I am happy to visit again and again.

Our group was quite small, 22, so we all got to know eachother quite quickly. John Milward, our tour manager looked after us well, especially when he took us all dancing on Saturday night. It was great fun to mix with local people on a very traditional night out.

I really enjoyed this trip and would definitely recommend it. My only doubt is the hotel, but if you're not a light sleeper, you'll be fine!

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jean,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Just You experience with the community. I's so pleased to hear that you enjoyed it.

Feedback from our customers really help to shape future holidays. I will be forwarding your comments on about the hotel to the wider team and if you booked directly with us, you should be receiving a questionnaire which I would encourage you to complete and return to us.

Kindest regards,

Julia

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jean77,

So glad you enjoyed your holiday. Its nice to read reviews like this.

Mark

Angie 2
(Member)
Thank you for your review. This is one of the holidays I have been considering for a while. I may wait to see if the hotel is changed first as there are so many other holidays that I want to do.