Ballerina
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just returned from my first J.Y holiday & first on my own, & would highly recommend this trip. The hotel in San Marco was set in an idyllic position, & the rooms were very spacious, all with balconies, which mine overlooked sea & harbour. Food was delicious & waiter service for evening meal. It was set in a sleepy village, so peaceful, not for anyone that likes a lot of nightlife! Most nights we were in dining room till late all chatting to one another, & we had 2 dance nights while we were there. I didn't end up doing all the excursions as I just loved wandering around & the walk along beach to Santa Maria. You always met up with other members of group & end up going for coffee/lunch. Never felt I was on my own. Would like to thank all in the group for being so friendly as they made a big part of my holiday a great success. I was nervous about going alone for first time, but would say to anyone if you've got any doubts give it a go! Sure you will not regret it!

Jackie

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Ballerina' wrote:

Just returned from my first J.Y holiday & first on my own, & would highly recommend this trip. The hotel in San Marco was set in an idyllic position, & the rooms were very spacious, all with balconies, which mine overlooked sea & harbour. Food was delicious & waiter service for evening meal. It was set in a sleepy village, so peaceful, not for anyone that likes a lot of nightlife! Most nights we were in dining room till late all chatting to one another, & we had 2 dance nights while we were there. I didn't end up doing all the excursions as I just loved wandering around & the walk along beach to Santa Maria. You always met up with other members of group & end up going for coffee/lunch. Never felt I was on my own. Would like to thank all in the group for being so friendly as they made a big part of my holiday a great success. I was nervous about going alone for first time, but would say to anyone if you've got any doubts give it a go! Sure you will not regret it!

Jackie

So pleased you had a good time Jackie. It's a pretty special place in my opinion. Well I have been twice! 😛 And reading your review has given me a craving to go back again!

A quick question. Did any of you try the new Wellness Centre attatched to the hotel?

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ballerina,

I did this tour last year and i quite agree!

Mark

Ballerina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Ballerina' wrote:

Jackie

So pleased you had a good time Jackie. It's a pretty special place in my opinion. Well I have been twice! 😛 And reading your review has given me a craving to go back again!

A quick question. Did any of you try the new Wellness Centre attatched to the hotel?

Hi Bosuncat , unfortunately I didn't, but few in our group did the 3hr treatment which was 40 euros & they said it was wonderful. Another lady in our group had a different treatment everyday!! She did look good after. I remember you before saying you had been there twice & you wasn't wrong! It was a beautiful place & so unspoilt.

jackie

Ballerina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'marks' wrote:

Hi Ballerina,

I did this tour last year and i quite agree!

Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes don't think you could fault any of it, so unspoilt & lovely to wander around. Looking forward to booking another holiday soon. Just hope it lives up to this one, sure it will.

Jackie

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ballerina,

Yes i th eonly negative i could think of was that maybe there wasnt much too do when not on any of the excursions however io wenmt on them all, so in fact i didnt get much time anyway but the regions appeal is that it is not jammed with tourists and thus still retains a bit of authentic italian feel. Amalfi and Ravello were gorgeous but busy doesnt even begin to describe it!

Where are you thinking of your next trip?

Mark

Trevor Morrell
(Member)
Hi Jackie

I agree the holiday was very enjoyable.This was the forth Just U holiday that I have had and I have enjoyed them all. I believe that because everyone is on their own we put ourselves out to be friendly to all. I have just been studying the brochure to decide where I will go next. Perhaps we may meet on another one.

Trevor

Trevor Morrell
(Member)
Hi Jackie

I agree the holiday was very enjoyable and everybody was friendly.The excursions were good ,the guides very informative. The two music nights were a surprise , dancing etc. Hope to see you on another trip.

Trevor

Ballerina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'marks' wrote:

Hi Ballerina,

Yes i th eonly negative i could think of was that maybe there wasnt much too do when not on any of the excursions however io wenmt on them all, so in fact i didnt get much time anyway but the regions appeal is that it is not jammed with tourists and thus still retains a bit of authentic italian feel. Amalfi and Ravello were gorgeous but busy doesnt even begin to describe it!

Where are you thinking of your next trip?

Mark

Hi Mark,

Not sure where I will be going next, as so many lovely places to pick from, so hard to decide!!

Jackie

Ballerina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Trevor wrote:

Hi Jackie

I agree the holiday was very enjoyable and everybody was friendly.The excursions were good ,the guides very informative. The two music nights were a surprise , dancing etc. Hope to see you on another trip.

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Good to hear from you. I'm certainly missing San Marco & lovely weather we had. It was a great group, & yes we all made effort to mix with each other. Have you picked another holiday yet. So many to choose from! Who knows we may meet again on another one.

Jackie