Begonia
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just returned from this wonderful tour to what is apparently (apart from Venice) a little-visited part of Italy. We stayed in the family-run Hotel Belevedere in Bassano del Grappa, which was excellent. The town itself is a beautiful medieval place and is a destination in itself. We had a busy schedule and went on trips every day, except for the free day, when several of us made the train trip to Padua, an adventure in itself! Vicenza and Treviso were my favourite destinations, with the wine tour day to the Prosecco region a close second! The tour was enhanced by the company of the lovely tour manager, Sarah Wrightson, whose well-informed commentary on our trips was invaluable. She has a delightful sense of humour and made every outing great fun. Altogether a wonderful and memorable holiday, highly recommended!
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Begonia

Sounds like a good tour glad you had fun.

Cindy

Bosuncat
(Member)
I agree. Another one that is in the back of my mind to do. I've never been to this part of Italy and there is 1st World War history in the area that I would like to know more about. Bassano itself looks really appealing.

I am hopefully in the middle of making retirement plans for Christmas, and I see that JY are doing a special holiday to include the Venice Carnival in February 2015. I might do that one to celebrate my retirement instead of going away at New Year. :thumbup:

katy1717
(Member)
Begonia, thank you for taking time to review this trip. I've had this trip on my wish list since it appeared in the brochure and your positive view is really helpful - you can't beat feedback (explaining the positives and negatives) from someone who has been on the trip when you're deciding which trip to take.

Bosuncat, hadn't noticed the Carnival trip, thanks for pointing it out - this sounds terrific.