ivybrember
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
:DJust You have named this holiday Amazing Australia and I can unreservedly endorse this. I have just had an amazing holiday in amazing Australia. As usual with Just You the holiday was really well planned with some wonderful excursions included in the holiday and a wide range of optional excursions on offer. It was hectic but magical, just to give a flavour of the holiday, morning was in Alice Springs, evening sipping champagne as we watched the sunset on Ayres rock before having a lovely meal under the stars. The next morning we watched the sunrise over the rock, then got really close up with a couple of walks near the rock. That afternoon we flew to Cairnes and spent the whole of the day on the Barrier Reef! All these events were included in the holiday. Our farewell dinner was outstanding as it was on the Melbourne Tram.

The whole holiday was enhanced by the wonderful people in the group. We bonded quickly and shared many laughs. Everyone joined in the fun and were kind and caring. There were several Just You ‘virgins’ i.e. it was their first Just You holiday and they all enjoyed themselves and found that with Just You being a single traveller is fun and easy. They agreed Just You holidays are not cheap but they are good value.

The icing on this wonderful cake was our fantastic tour manager Sarah Wrightson. This was my tenth Just You holiday and I have had some good tour managers and some very good tour managers but Sarah took the role to a whole new level. She worked tirelessly to make sure the tour went as smoothly as possible. She relieved us of many mundane tasks like queuing for stamps, getting boarding passes and checking our cases were loaded onto the coach. When we arrived at a new hotel we were given an A5 sheet of paper with a summary of the itinerary for our stay, including breakfast times, times of departure, what to bring etc. these were invaluable. She also help us organise some trips which weren’t on either of the excursion lists. Nothing was too much trouble. Some of us took advantage of Just You’s offer to arrange a stay down under at the end of the holiday. Some of us were going to Aukland which meant a 4a.m. departure from our hotel. In spite of the fact that the main party weren’t leaving till the afternoon, Sarah was up to wave us off.

If you are thinking of going on this trip then I can thoroughly recommend it and if you have never been on a just You holiday before, go for it I am sure you will enjoy it more than you can imagine.

Ivy Brember

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Wonderful review on your trip - I did this one a few years back also with Sarah and agree with everything you said. She really is one in a million.
AbbaDave
(Member)
fantastic review Ivy, I did it in November loved every minute we weren't lucky enough to have Sarah as our TM but we got Ian who did very similar things though not quite as organised, I also loved sounds of the silence in Ayers Rock, been meaning to do a review but difficult to know where to start and without making it too long, thanks again for that, Dave
the_baron1
(Member)
Hi Ivy,

Glad you thought that this trip was Magical and a fantastic holiday.

I did it in 2012 along with pre stopover in Singapore and New Zealand add on.

Holiday of a lifetime comes to mind. Will not forget ever!!!!

Eric

Elaine 123
(Member)
this is one trip I would love to do, also the follow on to New Zealand, you have done amazing write up, this should and will inspire all new to Just you,

Elaine

KarinR
  • (Member)
(Member)
I can totally endorse everything Ivy has said, it truly was an Amazing holiday. As a 'Virgin Just You Traveller' I can definitely recommend travelling with this company. I was very lucky to pick a trip where everyone was so friendly and welcoming. I enjoyed the holiday experience so much with Just You, that I am now looking to book my next trip for later on this year.http://www.justyou.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
hscherub
(Member)
Like Ivy, I too would recommend this holiday. Ivy's review is so complete so there is nothing really I can add to it. It was just a wonderful holiday with alot of lovely travelling companions and a specially wonderful tour manager, Sarah.
Chris lee
(Member)
Thinking of doing this trip with NZ add on next January 2015. Am a Just You virgin - anyone else thinking of doing the same trip? Would love to hear from you !
Puer aeternus
(Member)
Australia is amazing, I back-packed all over it in my younger days, then went to University there and spent 6 glourious years lving there!

I have now booked 4 weeks in Sydney over Christmas/New Year independently to see friends and family, so a JY New Break will have to wait until 2015/16!

the_baron1
(Member)
'Chris wrote:

Thinking of doing this trip with NZ add on next January 2015. Am a Just You virgin - anyone else thinking of doing the same trip? Would love to hear from you !

Hi Chris,

Did the whole thing in October 2012 with New Zealand afterwards. You will enjoy it. Fantastic sights to see and thing to do. My favouites were Ayres Rock, Baloon flight at Alice springs, Barrier reef and Kuranda Scenic Railway ( Train Geek so did the train journey both ways but you can do the Skyway if desired), and Melbourne. Sydney was alright but prefered Melbourne including the farewell dinner on the tram.

Although Australia was fantastic I prefered New Zealand. Again loads to do and sights to see. Well worth doing.

Good luck on your holiday,

Eric

pollyperkins
(Member)
'Chris wrote:

Hi

I am looking to do Australia and NZ hopefully ( new year / Jan2015 )

Just trying to decide what I would like to see...

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Chris

I loved Australia when we went last November and i'm sure you would also, January will be HOT, the best bits for me were, Sounds of Silence dinner at Ayers Rock, Tramcar dinner in Melbourne was also wonderful and both JY inclusives, Great Barrier Reef also, I do highly recommend the optionals Blue Mountains from Sydney and Kuranda skyrail from Cairns, if your into beaches then a half hour ferry ride from Sydney to Manly beach and town well worth it or take the Tram from Melbourne to st Kilda, Freemantle is another wonderful and worthwhile trip from Perth, Sydney is easy to get about on foot as hotel very central, the balloon ride in Alice Springs was really nice though very early start and not cheap and if your into adventure the western McDonnell ranges AS give you plenty of that or you could just spend that afternoon chilling by the pool in the wonderful hotel grounds

Australia has something for everyone, enjoy

Dave

Seasoned Traveller
(Member)
Australia was my first Just You holiday last March. I had no idea what to expect. I felt really apprehensive about travelling with 35 strangers! I imagined sitting on my own while everyone else got into little groups. How wrong I was. We were delayed in Dubai and had to catch a later flight down to Perth. Before we knew it out Tour Manager found us somewhere sit together and sorted out our onward flight, we were looked after with a great lunch in a lovely restaurant and some extra vouchers. On arrival in Perth our schedule was swapped around so we didn't miss a thing, and that's only the start of 21 fantastic days down under. You don't have to worry about a thing. We really were very well looked after. Everyone on the trip was friendly, welcoming and easy-going. So when you do all those wonderful things like going out on the great barrier reef or the cruise round Sydney harbour its like your with friends and it make the whole experience so much more enjoyable. If you are thinking of booking this trip you really will experience the holiday you wont forget. I never got round to writing a full review but I hope this gives you a taste of how wonderful it was. On another note, bearing in mind how far we travelled and the amount we did and how well we were looked after by our Tour Manager, the trip was excellent value.

Stewart

zztop27
(Member)
Did the Australia trip in October 2011 with Sarah on my first ever JY experience. It was great and I have done 3 more since then - China, Peru and India. Agreed Sarah was excellent and found her information sheets really useful. Enjoyed all my JY trips and am hoping they bring back Japan as a destination for 2015 as that's hopefully my next big adventure.

Keep up the good work JY !!!!!

Pete ......................

PS My wife is not a good long distance flyer so we have traveled in Europe a lot with Travelsphere who are part of the same overall company. They are also very good and we have always enjoyed our trips with them.

sheila@105
(Member)
rejust amazing Australia 2014

what a great recommendation for this tour I am going on this tour

on the 8th of October 2014 my last holiday with just you was in 2010 that was 16 days in china that was a brilliant holiday

can highly recommend it

roger