Poppyfields5
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Having returned from the New Year in Andalucía trip, I feel I should praise all those concerned for making a wonderful holiday. The flight was due to leave Manchester on 27 December however I was contacted by a Just You representative on Christmas Day, to inform me of a change of the departure terminal at Manchester, which I was thankful for. We were met at the airport in Malaga by a local representative, who advised us about the pick pockets, this made us all a little wary, however it is good that we were told of this issue and I am pleased to say we all survived the holiday without any problems.

After a 20-30 minute transfer we were welcomed at the Hotel TRH Mijas by Claire, our Tour Manager. We arrived earlier than the main group who were traveling from Gatwick, so we had the luxury of un-packing and wandered into Mijas for lunch.

I enjoyed all the included excursions, although I did have to curb the free wine and open bar at the New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner, due to an excursion the next day. The optional excursions were also good which included Gibraltar and the Alhambra Palace. Both are well worth a visit, we all thought the guide at the Alhambra was brilliant and the use of the remote earphones for our visit was great as it enabled us to look around and take photos, whilst still listening to what he was saying. The visit was 2.5hrs long, but personally I thought it whizzed by.

New Year’s Eve Gala dinner was wonderful, lovely food and attentive waiters, whether you required wine or water. You could dance the night away if you so wished and there was a free bar from 12 midnight till 2am. Most of the group retired to bed at 2am... however I believe the Spanish guests were still going strong until breakfast time!

The hotel is a nice hotel, located just a few minutes’ walk from the centre of Mijas, the rooms are comfortable, the views are lovely and I didn’t really hear much noise, even on New Year’s Eve when the hotel was full. The food was ok, some people were a little unhappy with the selection, but always managed to eat something. Breakfast could have been a little warmer at times… however there is a microwave if you do require it piping hot.

That just leaves me to comment on the Tour Manager Claire Mellor... what can I say, knowledgeable, experienced, enthusiastic and an exceptional tour manager and to date the best guide I have experienced after travelling with Just You and other similar companies over several years.

Many Thanks to Just You, Claire Mellor, Hotel TRH Mijas and the group for making a truly memorable New Year 2013/14.

Karen :thumbup:

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Karen,

Thank-you for sharing your review of this holiday on the community. I'm pleased to hear that you had a wonderful holiday and have passed your comments on to other members of the Just You team.

Kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I did this tour as my first JY hol back in 2010 and Claire was the tour manager. It was a fantastic holiday and Claire is truly outstanding. I'm delighted you had a great holiday!

Bob

Auntie D
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi I did this tour as my first JY hol back in 2010 and Claire was the tour manager. It was a fantastic holiday and Claire is truly outstanding. I'm delighted you had a great holiday!

Bob

Hi, I was on the Christmas in Andalucía trip and would agree with everything. Except, I wasn't told of the change of terminal before travelling, so was dropped off at Terminal 3 as indicated on my travel documents. Consequently, I then had to walk to Terminal 1 to catch my flight. Luckily I had plenty of time on hand, otherwise.........

Denise.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Andalucia is a lovely destination and Claire is a fantastic tour manager. I too did the Andalucia holiday in September 2010 and it was a lovely holiday. Looks like you had a lot of fun over New Year.

Jaya

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Like Bob & Jaya I did Andalucia in 2010 but in the November, and we also had Claire, agree she is very good.
Poppyfields5
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Denise

Sorry to hear you weren't told before hand, I guess your experience resulted in our phone calls as I believe Claire let the office know as soon as she was made aware of the terminal change. Though one of our party didn't get the message either. A little frustrating, but no harm done.

Happy Holidays 😃

RaeW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Glad to hear that you really enjoyed your holiday in Mijas. Did you manage to meet up with your friends who were staying in Nerja?

Rae

Auntie D
(Member)
'RaeW' wrote:

Glad to hear that you really enjoyed your holiday in Mijas. Did you manage to meet up with your friends who were staying in Nerja?

Rae

Hi Rae,

Yes, thanks, met up with Mark and Stephen. Mark collected me from the Balcon de Europe, met some of my travelling companions and whisked me off to their bar. It's only a smallish bar but they seem to have already established a clientele and is becoming known as the one where they hold no truck with drunken behaviour!!

Unfortunately, the day we went there (Christmas Day) was the ONLY day it rained so it put a bit of a dampner (if you'll pardon the pun!) on the day, although it did clear up before lunch. I love Nerja and would like to spend a few days there. (Watch out Mark and Stephen!)

Thanks for your interest. Where are you next going with JY?

Happy New Year and Happy Holidaying.

;););)

Denise

RaeW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Denise,

We didn't have long in Nerja but loved what I saw. Pity about the rain but it would be good to catch up with your friends.

I haven't booked anything with JY yet as some of us who met in Mijas are getting together to catch some winter sun in the next couple of months. We did look at JY but there was nothing suitable for when we wanted to go. May go somewhere in September but have too many to choose from then so can't decide at the moment.

Rae