jackiep26
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Got back two days ago from this great trip. It was my first holiday with Just You and I had all the same jitters as all first-timers! Although I have travelled a lot independently over the years this was the first organised holiday I have been on and it was a joy to have someone else do all the arranging!

Everything ran so smoothly and that was down to the expert ministrations of Vlatka, our tour leader. She is fab, so knowledgable and quietly proud of her homeland. Nothing was too much trouble and she even took me off to see a sculpture park that wasn't on the itinerary, just because I'd shown an interest. She was patient, good humoured and very efficient.

I loved the excursions that I did which included visits to Labin, Pula, Rovinje and Porec. Also the boat trip to Cres was fun and the trip to Plitvic lakes in the National Park was awesome. The autumn colours made the long coach trip to get there worth it.

I didn't do the excursion to the horses and the caves...or the last one to Opatje. I needed a couple of days chilling. Which was easy in the hotel as it was excellent.

There is a Wellness Centre with free sauna, steam room and hot tub, plus indoor and outdoor pool. Be warned though - most people opt to go naked in the sauna. This did cause some consternation amongst our group and, I think, put off various people!

The food was excellent - buffet type and lots of it. I am vegetarian and had been concerned that I wouldn't get enough choice but it was a groundless worry. I am sure I have come back heavier than when I went!

Most people on the trip were great fun and very happy to mix.

I only have one gripe and I will be taking it up with JY. I booked the last place available on this trip and was told there would be a £50 upgrade charge as the only room left was a sea view. In fact I got a full on view of the pine tree in front of my window. The sea could be glimpsed if I stood out on the balcony and looked to my left. But hardly constituted a sea vista, I felt!

That's my review! It was a great week and I wouldn't hesitate to book again if this is the standard of JY holidays 🙂

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jackie,

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your first trip with Just You,

I have forwarded your feedback on to the relevant teams.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
Good to know that the trip went well Jackie. I went last year, a return for me to Rabac after 25 years. V is a wonderful person I agree.

Good to know you got on okay at the hotel. I agree with all your comments on it. Wonderful range of buffet food. What a shame on the room scenario though.

Sara321
(Member)
Hi,

Indeed, this was a brilliant trip with a great group of people. I think this was my 5th trip with JY and it certainly came up to expectation. Once again I made new friends and laughed the whole week.

Croatia is truly a beautiful country and our tour guide, Vladka was so knowledgeable about her country and it's history. She really was the perfect guide.

Rabac, although quiet in October, was a great place to stay with terrific scenery.

A few of us took a taxi and went for an evening meal in Labin one evening, which Vladka very kindly arranged for us.

As Jackie mentioned the trips were all very worth while, particularly the Plitvic Lakes - the scenery left most of us speechless. The trip to the caves was fabulous - you enter the caves by train - think Indiana Jones!

On this trip there were a few younger people (30's - 50's !) - I hope JY will continue to target this age group.

jackiep26
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

Good to know that the trip went well Jackie. I went last year, a return for me to Rabac after 25 years. V is a wonderful person I agree.

Good to know you got on okay at the hotel. I agree with all your comments on it. Wonderful range of buffet food. What a shame on the room scenario though.

Hi Bosuncat!

The hotel doesn't have one bad review on Tripadvisor and the good reviews are well deserved. Spotlessly clean. I didn't worry about the sea view as I could actually see it...a little...from the side! It was only when one of the others in our party showed me what sea view she got for her upgrade that I felt slightly miffed. However the room was lovely and I shall be very certain in future what I get for a £50 upgrade!

Jackie

Bosuncat
(Member)
'jackiep26' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat!

The hotel doesn't have one bad review on Tripadvisor and the good reviews are well deserved. Spotlessly clean. I didn't worry about the sea view as I could actually see it...a little...from the side! It was only when one of the others in our party showed me what sea view she got for her upgrade that I felt slightly miffed. However the room was lovely and I shall be very certain in future what I get for a £50 upgrade!

Jackie

Fortunately for me I knew the hotel (or rather the hotel when it was in it's former name) and the area Jackie, so I knew it was a bit pointless upgrading to a sea view but I agree it's a really nice one and the food choice is awesome.

jackiep26
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

'jackiep26' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat!

Jackie

Fortunately for me I knew the hotel (or rather the hotel when it was in it's former name) and the area Jackie, so I knew it was a bit pointless upgrading to a sea view but I agree it's a really nice one and the food choice is awesome.

Well, that was my point, really. It was the only place left on the trip and I had no choice but to pay the upgrade. But sea views were there, just not from my room!

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I went on this trip two years ago and i concur with everything everyone else has said. To be honest, i took none picture of Plitvice in the brochure and made up my mind. I cant wait to do the Makarska Riviera tour as it includes a visit to Krka National Park- another UNESCO site of Croatia.

Mark

Bosuncat
(Member)
I did that one too many years ago Mark. Beautiful part of the world.
marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
i know i cant wait to go!!! Mark
AngeS
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have just booked this trip for Sept 17th and there are already over 20 people booked on it, its obviously going to be popular in2014

Ange S