Justforme
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
What a trip!

Be prepared for long coach journeys to savour wonderful sights!

28 in the group, all gelled well and managed many laughs :)

Highlight for me was Niagara falls...

...I plucked up courage to do the 10 min helicopter flight over the falls - truly AMAZING and so glad I did it - wonderful !

I chose not to do Cape Cod trip and one of the Harbour cruises (been to NYC before) and pleased myself on those days.

Most of the hotels have large rooms with fridges ( some noisy , so some of us pulled the plug out overnight to get sleep).

Loved Boston and Quebec is lovely !

A great selection of places to see - as long as you have the energy !

Looking forward to booking my next trip with JY when my travel purse is fuller :)

Janet

lesley07
(Member)
'Justforme' wrote:

What a trip!

...I plucked up courage to do the 10 min helicopter flight over the falls - truly AMAZING and so glad I did it - wonderful !

I chose not to do Cape Cod trip and one of the Harbour cruises (been to NYC before) and pleased myself on those days.

Most of the hotels have large rooms with fridges ( some noisy , so some of us pulled the plug out overnight to get sleep).

Looking forward to booking my next trip with JY when my travel purse is fuller :)

Janet

Hi Janet

Enjoyed your review of our trip. It was nice to meet you and Karen.

Regards

Lesley

Julie L
(Member)
What about clothes and footwear, what did you take any suggestions please. What about the money? I've only used euros for past holidays Julie L
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Janet

thanks for the review, I am doing this tour next year, I am used to the USA tours so I know they can be full on, and I have been known to un plug a fridge or two along the way.

Glad you had a good time

Cindy

Justforme
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Janet

thanks for the review, I am doing this tour next year, I am used to the USA tours so I know they can be full on, and I have been known to un plug a fridge or two along the way.

Glad you had a good time

Cindy

Hello Benny, Lesley and Cindy!

Definitely layers for clothing.

Warmer in Boston than Montreal;- you can feel th e temp drop along the ride.

Suggest sleeveless gilet with a couple of fleeces at least.

IMPORTANT to take good quality, non slip footwear - waterfalls/rocks in New England are fab, but slippery.

I would take about 6 tops and 3 prs trousers ( I took too much) and no real need for `posh` evening wear.

Dollars ?

I took equal amounts of USA and Canadian dollars - not difficult to get either while you`re away, but use bank ATM machines not the `local` machines inside cafes etc .

( about £300 equiv to start with).

Charge for excess baggage on way home is £20 per kilo!!

Hi Lesley - lovely to meet you too !

For those yet to go - enjoy, and do try the helicopter flights if you dare - a real blast !

jan x

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Janet,

Thanks for your review, it sounds like you had an amazing time. I think this is a holiday that I would really enjoy, its on my short list for next year.

Kezzer

Jools
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Justforme' wrote:

What a trip!

Janet

Hi Janet and Lesley

Nice to see you both on here again. Can I just add that I thought the Cape Cod optional tour was wonderful, also the Laurentian Mountains.

Beware the hotel in Rochester where it is close to the railway track and the trains hoot!!! Anyone going on this trip I would suggest they take ear plugs.

Great trip but be warned you will return home exhausted and need a holiday to recover!!

Jools:)

p110757
(Member)
Hi

Janet, Jools and Lesley and any one doing this trip in the future.

The holiday was absolutely amazing but ditto to all the comments that very tiring, definitely needs bags of energy, but get to see lots and do lots.

I did the two helicopter flights one over the Falls and the other over NYC and both were amazing!!

NYC is certainly a fast paced city but brilliant!!

The group gelled really well and everybody seemed to get on well and have a good time. The Montreal hotel was really good, the rooms were massive and very nice. Paul our coach driver for the holiday was a character and Suzanne the Tour Manager added little nice touches as we travelled along.

Great holiday all round.

Saving up for my next one!!

Pauline

Lisa S
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Benny' wrote:

What about clothes and footwear, what did you take any suggestions please. What about the money? I've only used euros for past holidays Julie L

Julie you will need both US and Canadian dollars.

Justforme
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'p110757' wrote:

Hi

Janet, Jools and Lesley and any one doing this trip in the future.

The holiday was absolutely amazing but ditto to all the comments that very tiring, definitely needs bags of energy, but get to see lots and do lots.

I did the two helicopter flights one over the Falls and the other over NYC and both were amazing!!

NYC is certainly a fast paced city but brilliant!!

The group gelled really well and everybody seemed to get on well and have a good time. The Montreal hotel was really good, the rooms were massive and very nice. Paul our coach driver for the holiday was a character and Suzanne the Tour Manager added little nice touches as we travelled along.

Great holiday all round.

Saving up for my next one!!

Pauline

Hi Pauline,

Nice to meet you on the trip :)

Glad you enjoyed the helicopter expeditions - exhilarating for me!

Can`t believe I`ve been there and done that now - working on making more happy memories along the way !

Might see you on another trip sometime? :)

Best regards,

janet