Clairevt
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've just returned from the Canadian Rockies and have to say how fantastic it was. This was my first JY trip and it was absolutely brilliant.

Thanks to Brian Croft, the tour rep who definitely went out of his way to ensure we all had a great time, to Charles, our lovely Canadian coach driver, and all the lovely people I met on the trip. Unfortunately Brian, you may now have to put up with me again as I shall no doubt be booking another holiday and I shall look out for your trips!

The Rockies were just stunning and Vancouver Island plus Vancouver waterfront were beautiful. I seriously can't think of enough words to describe the whole holiday. The white water rafting, the trip to Grouse Mountain where we saw the bears, Coola and Grinder, the helicopter flight over the Rockies, the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Thanks to Jan and Velia for helping me out on those two. Being more than a little scared of heights I was a bit nervous shall we say, but these two lovely ladies put up with me all the way!

The people you're with make the holiday to quite a degree I think, so a big thank you to all of you on the trip. Ann (x 3), Velia, Jan (x 3) Lesley, Ann, Sylvia, Carol, Marion, Mary, Marie, Barbara, Lillian, Audrey, Gillian, Shirley, Lisa, Angela (I hope I have that much energy in a few years time!!), Joan, Trevor, Richard, Richie, Derek and everyone whose name I've forgotten (apologies again, but I said at the time I'm useless with names :s I'm looking at the picture from the rafting at Jasper now trying to remember everyone:)

I wish I could post some of the pictures on here for all to see, it really was that good.

Thanks JY for a brilliant holiday.

Claire

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'm so glad you had a lovely time in Canada, Claire. I was sure you would - with Brian as your TM, how could you not!!!!

I did the trip in June and am still drooling over the pictures taken from the helicopter which now adorn my bedroom wall. I've made up one album from some of the (300-odd) photos I took and am seriously considering making up another.

Ann

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Claire

Can't believe you are useless with names - you have remembered so many!

Regards

Jaya

Clairevt
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ann and Jaya

Yes I had a fantastic time, I think I took more than 400 photos !!! And, yes I am awful with names honestly. I sat looking at the photo of the rafting trying to remember who was who for ages 🙂

The whole trip was brilliant, always somebody to be with yet - if I chose to - I could have a few hours on my own. I met some lovely people who really contributed to the holiday. I really think that who you're with does make a difference. I'm hoping that some will keep in touch.

Brian was fantastic, he has a great sense of humour and we were all in fits of laughter at times. The local Canadian coach driver, Charles, was also excellent. His sense of humour was just as good and together he and Brian made the whole thing fabulous.

I'm very sad to be back at work today!! 😞

Claire

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sounds like a great holiday.....and your so much better at names than I ever am.....

Cindy

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Claire

Well done for remembering all those names, including mine!

I'm still reliving the holiday, which I agree was superb, including the unseasonably hot weather. As for Coola and Grinder we were lucky, a lady at work said when she visited Kamloops a bear had attempted to walk off without paying at a deli and the whole town was shut down!!

Here's to the next holiday....

Sylvia

Lesley33
(Member)
Hi Claire,

I couldn't agree with you more about our Canadian trip. I still can't believe we saw what we saw and did what we did. I keep going through my photos just to convince myself we were really there! A big thanks goes to Brian, our TM and Charles our driver for making the tour even more memorable - they were both fantastic. I'm sure Brian organised the unbelievably good weather for us. Thank you all for being such great company. If anyone is thinking about doing this trip - don't hesitate any longer - its wonderful if hectic, and please do the helipcopter trip - you will never forget it. :)

Best wishes Lesley

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello all,

Please add my thanks to Brian and Charles, they were brilliant, as was the whole holiday.

Thanks also to our fellow travellers, it was lovely to meet you all and special thanks to those who let me tag along with them! You all made the holiday. I can't pick out one particular visit, everything was wonderful.

Lesley's right - don't hesitate to book this holiday - you will love it.

Claire, I haven't forgotten about the bears, they will be with you soon.

Best wishes to all.

Kind regards

Ann

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi All

Anyone else suffering from the dreaded jet lag? I'm told by seasoned travellers that it should pass after a week - oh how I look forward to the weekend!

Sylvia

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello All,

I've been falling asleep at my desk ...

Ann

Clairevt
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ladies

Good to hear from you all :)

I've been really tired at odd times. I found myself glued to the bed one moring and just couldn't get up! Then I was Ok during the day, then tired out againd at about 9pm, then wide awake at midnight :s

Hopefully it will pass soon. You're right though it was worth it. I keep looking at my Pandora maple leaf charm and wishing I was back there!

Keep in touch, here's to the next holiday :D

Claire