Painterlady
(Member) (Topic Starter)
[/size][/font]I have just returned from this holiday and would thoroughly recommend it to first time travellers. Our group was really good and I met some lovely people - ages from 40 - 80's. The hotel was very good and food was fine but owing to shortage of staff it was sometimes difficult to attract a waiter and reception was under-manned. This is a problem country wide I was told due to the economic crisis. Mijas is a picturesque village and I loved its little shops and cafes. The tours were good but Gibralter a long day owing to the difficulty in getting through customs but they were all very enjoyable. I am now trying to decide where to go next.:thumbup:
ruthmcnerlan
(Member)
Thanks for posting this review. I am going on this holiday in August and you've put my mind at ease that it's going to be a good holiday. Really looking forward to it now 🙂
RaeW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks, Painter Lady. Glad you had a good time. I am going in September and it is good to hear that you enjoyed it.
Juliebean
(Member)
'RaeW' wrote:

Thanks, Painter Lady. Glad you had a good time. I am going in September and it is good to hear that you enjoyed it.

Hi I am going on sep 5 th this is my first holiday alone

Anyone else going then flying from east mids

Magbod60
(Member)
I too have just returned from this trip. It was an excellent trip - lovely hotel, lovely weather and an excellent tour manager in Gina. Holiday did not get off to a brilliant start as one of our group had her purse stolen in Fuengirola the first day, but thanks to Gina the problem was dealt with very efficiently. I had read several reports that the food at the hotel was not very good - all I can say is that the meals we had were very good and if anybody went hungry they only had themselves to blame as there was plenty of choice and lots of it. Was quite disappointed in Gibraltar - town was quite tacky in parts but the tour of the rock more than made up for that. The Alhambra Palace was well worth seeing and I would advise anyone to make that trip whilst they are there.Met some really nice people in the rather large group (42 that week) and everyone seemed to get along with each other.