Maria_19
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just returned from my first New Year with JY. The food and service at the hotel was superb! Entertainment on the first night was good with a lively duo who catered for the very energetic dancers! The same could not be said for NY Eve however which was something of an anti climax.... a one man band who had to rely on a notebook for the lyrics and was most adept at emptying a full dancefloor with his playlist!

The trips out were enjoyable ...even the sun came out on day two!

One disappointment I found was the number of people who already knew each other and were already in established groups. I've been on JY holidays abroad and have never come across this before.Those travelling alone were definitely in the minority! Luckily I was able to pal up with someone else who had travelled alone otherwise I think I might have felt somewhat excluded. The JY rep was well aware of the situation and had her eye firmly on the ball.....she handled it very well.

I did enjoy the trip but am not sure I would go on another New Year event with JY as this one seemed to "go against the grain" for JY solo travellers.

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Maria,

I did Costa Brava (Christmas & New Year) and virtually everyone was solo travellers, only one couple (brother and sister) that I'm aware of.

Have heard from others that people do arrange to meet each year on some of the UK breaks (sort of reunion).

Maybe you could consider a european trip next time, i've done it twice now and fully enjoyed the festive season away. The cost for what you get isn't really significantly more.

Mick

Maria_19
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mick you may well be right. Perhaps it only happens on UK breaks. It hasn't put me off travelling abroad with JY at all so may well consider abroad for next New Year 😃