KMcP
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just to say what a wonderful holiday this was, helped along by our wonderful tour guide, Sherry Guy and Barbara, our driver. They both made our long journey enjoyable, just "moseying along" scenic routes where possible. Sherry made it all look so easy, and Sherry if you read this, we do know the hard work that went on behind the scenes. There was a lot of travelling on some days, and it's not always easy for us Brits to appreciate the distance between some North American cities, and although this was my 4th JY holiday, I'd forgotten how hectic some of the tours can be; but I was so glad to do this trip, I'd always wanted to go to New England and it is somewhere I'd go back to. Everywhere was great, and I'd recommend the 'duck tour' if you go to Boston.

Karen.

GinnyD
  • (Member)
(Member)
:thumbup:

Totally agree with you Karen. We had a wonderful holiday which was made really special by Sherry's hard work as Tour Manager and Barbara's brilliant driving & making sure we saw all the beautiful places en route. A big thank you to the wonderful duo. Ginny

'KMcP' wrote:

Just to say what a wonderful holiday this was, helped along by our wonderful tour guide, Sherry Guy and Barbara, our driver. They both made our long journey enjoyable, just "moseying along" scenic routes where possible. Sherry made it all look so easy, and Sherry if you read this, we do know the hard work that went on behind the scenes. There was a lot of travelling on some days, and it's not always easy for us Brits to appreciate the distance between some North American cities, and although this was my 4th JY holiday, I'd forgotten how hectic some of the tours can be; but I was so glad to do this trip, I'd always wanted to go to New England and it is somewhere I'd go back to. Everywhere was great, and I'd recommend the 'duck tour' if you go to Boston.

Karen.

anniethenitnurse
(Member)
I was so pleased to see this review of New England and Canada as I've booked to go late next September - it's been a lifetime dream of mine to do this. So, thanks for putting my mind at ease

Anne

KMcP
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Anne, the tour looks even better for next year, I think it starts in Boston and end in NYC, which means you'll get an extra night in NYC. I would have loved an extra night in NYC, but you can't have it all. The time will fly by and September will be here before you know it. I'm sure you'll enjoy the holiday. I'll watch out for your review next year 🙂

Karen.

p110757
(Member)
'anniethenitnurse' wrote:

I was so pleased to see this review of New England and Canada as I've booked to go late next September - it's been a lifetime dream of mine to do this. So, thanks for putting my mind at ease

Anne

Hi Anne

I am thinking of doing the trip to New England round about the same time. Not done a JY holiday before or any holiday on my own. I have booked the Discovery Weekend in Leeds in March 2013 as a taster. The New England holiday is for me like you some where I have always wanted to visit, along with a visit to New York. Maybe we could end up on the same holiday??

Pauline :thumbup:

sontab
  • (Member)
(Member)
'p110757' wrote:

'anniethenitnurse' wrote:

Anne

Hi Anne

I am thinking of doing the trip to New England round about the same time. Not done a JY holiday before or any holiday on my own. I have booked the Discovery Weekend in Leeds in March 2013 as a taster. The New England holiday is for me like you some where I have always wanted to visit, along with a visit to New York. Maybe we could end up on the same holiday??

Pauline :thumbup:

sontab
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks for this, booked yesterday with the flight from Manchester. Have wanted to go for a long, long time.

Pauline, I did my first JY holiday to China last year - it was GREAT. Somewhere I have always wanted to go, it fulfilled all my dreams and more.

JeanL
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sontab' wrote:

Thanks for this, booked yesterday with the flight from Manchester. Have wanted to go for a long, long time.

Pauline, I did my first JY holiday to China last year - it was GREAT. Somewhere I have always wanted to go, it fulfilled all my dreams and more.

Hi I have booked this holiday with the flight from manchester leaving 2nd October, is this the same one as you, I am really looking forward to it and not having to go to heathrow is a big bonus, I booked as soon as it came out hope you are on the same trip.

JeanL

sontab
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JeanL' wrote:

'sontab' wrote:

Hi I have booked this holiday with the flight from manchester leaving 2nd October, is this the same one as you, I am really looking forward to it and not having to go to heathrow is a big bonus, I booked as soon as it came out hope you are on the same trip.

JeanL

Yes, it is the same holiday/flight. Really looking forward to it especially with it being a direct flight.

Returning from China last year we flew into Heathrow, I was exhausted (also picked up a virus and synus infection) and had a couple of hours or so before flying up to M/c. So this really is a bonus.

Does anybody have any ideas on the temperature at that time of the year.

Jean, how many JY's have you done? This will be my second. Are you in the Greater Manchester area? We could, if you wish, may be meet up before the holiday.

Sonia 🙂

JeanL
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sontab' wrote:

'JeanL' wrote:

'sontab' wrote:

JeanL

Yes, it is the same holiday/flight. Really looking forward to it especially with it being a direct flight.

Returning from China last year we flew into Heathrow, I was exhausted (also picked up a virus and synus infection) and had a couple of hours or so before flying up to M/c. So this really is a bonus.

Jean, how many JY's have you done? This will be my second. Are you in the Greater Manchester area? We could, if you wish, may be meet up before the holiday.

Sonia :)

JeanL
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sonia, yes I ahve done about 7 Just You holidays and enjoyed everyone. I went to China a few years ago with just you and like you had to go to Heathrow I was quite ill when I got there but recovered the next day, so I am really glad about the flight from Manchester. I live in Warrington but I could always get the train into Manchester and meet up with you that would be lovely to meet up beforehand..
JeanL
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JeanL' wrote:

'sontab' wrote:

'JeanL' wrote:

'sontab' wrote:

JeanL

Hi Sonia would love to meet up with you before the holiday I can get to Manchester quite easily.

sontab
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JeanL' wrote:

'JeanL' wrote:

'sontab' wrote:

'JeanL' wrote:

'sontab' wrote:

JeanL

Hi Sonia would love to meet up with you before the holiday I can get to Manchester quite easily.

Jean, perhaps we could exchange emails by Ben (hope that is correct). He has my permission to pass my address to you. Sonia

:shy:

carolcrewe
(Member)
Hi, I've just registered with the community and was looking at reviews of the Canada and New England holiday - I'm also going on the trip 2nd Oct from Manchester. Really looking forward to it - it sounds great. Have been on a few singles holidays in the past but never been to America / Canada - I've always wanted to see Niagara and decided it was time I did something about it!! I live in Crewe so maybe some people would like to meet up before we fly off.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
carolocrew

Warm welcome to the JY community boards. Can I make a suggestion that you re post this question onto the ...say hello board on here and not in the review section, you are more likely to get a reply in the say hello page.

Hope you have a great holiday, I have done many holidays with JY and they are great fun, if I can help with anything just ask.

Cindy

JeanL
  • (Member)
(Member)
'carolcrewe' wrote:

Hi, I've just registered with the community and was looking at reviews of the Canada and New England holiday - I'm also going on the trip 2nd Oct from Manchester. Really looking forward to it - it sounds great. Have been on a few singles holidays in the past but never been to America / Canada - I've always wanted to see Niagara and decided it was time I did something about it!! I live in Crewe so maybe some people would like to meet up before we fly off.

Hi Carol, I have met up with Sonia as we are both going on the Just You holiday on 2nd October. I live in Warrington and I was actually born in Crewe, but havent been back for a long time. I am sure we will have a lovely time it is coming round fast now.

carolcrewe
(Member)
yes, it's coming round frighteningly fast now! Looking forward to the organised trips in Boston / New York and, of course, going on The Maid of the Mist at Niagara.