Lynda L
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Is there anyone who has been on the India tour this year who can tell me what they thought of their trip. I am thinking of booking for next Feb/Mar. Thanks.;)
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lynda, I was on this tour in March this year and had a great time. If you do a search with "India" in the title you will come up with various threads that tell of people's experiences. It was a tiring trip with plenty of early starts. India is a manic country, with crowds everywhere, litter on the streets and of course lots of poverty. That said, the people have a very positive spirit and there was so much to see and do. My highlights were seeing a tiger in Ranthambore (I hope the current restriction on tourist visiting the tiger parks is lifted soon, as even conservationists are against the ban), seeing the Taj Mahal close up (amazing) and seeing Varanasi on the Ganges. If you have an interest in India, it is an excellent introduction and we saw and did so much. The weather was perfect but hot, high 20s to mid 30s. Any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask although I'm off on my next hol at the weekend, so you mightn't get an answer for a while!

Best wishes,

Bob

Lynda L
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Lynda, I was on this tour in March this year and had a great time. If you do a search with "India" in the title you will come up with various threads that tell of people's experiences. It was a tiring trip with plenty of early starts. India is a manic country, with crowds everywhere, litter on the streets and of course lots of poverty. That said, the people have a very positive spirit and there was so much to see and do. My highlights were seeing a tiger in Ranthambore (I hope the current restriction on tourist visiting the tiger parks is lifted soon, as even conservationists are against the ban), seeing the Taj Mahal close up (amazing) and seeing Varanasi on the Ganges. If you have an interest in India, it is an excellent introduction and we saw and did so much. The weather was perfect but hot, high 20s to mid 30s. Any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask although I'm off on my next hol at the weekend, so you mightn't get an answer for a while!

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Bob

Thanks for your reply - it was really helpful. I will track down other info on India as you suggested. Hopefully I will then pluck up the courage to book the trip !!