Carol King
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
https://picasaweb.google.com/108100517186681990974/Peru?authkey=Gv1sRgCPPxmdi1xeb_rgE 

I would like to thank my fellow travellers for looking after me on the last leg of the journey home, it was very much appreciated.

Carol

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Brilliant photos Carol, many thanks! I hope to do this trip a couple of years down the road. Can I ask, did you have to bring wellies for the Amazon or were they available there? Was it tough going in the rainforest or not?

Best wishes,

Bob

ell-ee
  • (Member)
(Member)
Wow, Carol, thank you for sharing the link to your pictures of Peru - they're fantastic!

I especially liked the pictures of the add-on into the Amazon - I've booked to go at the end of August and have included it. Looking at your photos, I'm so glad that I have!

Have you got any tips for the holiday? I've been wondering about insect repellant?!!

It does look like your group enjoyed the whole experience, despite the wet!

regards

Lorraine

RioRita
(Member)
'Carol wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/108100517186681990974/Peru?authkey=Gv1sRgCPPxmdi1xeb_rgE 

I would like to thank my fellow travellers for looking after me on the last leg of the journey home, it was very much appreciated.

Carol

Many thanks for posting these photo's. I've been thinking of doing this trip, will go ahead and book up now.

Carol King
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Brilliant photos Carol, many thanks! I hope to do this trip a couple of years down the road. Can I ask, did you have to bring wellies for the Amazon or were they available there? Was it tough going in the rainforest or not?

Best wishes,

Bob

High Bob,

don't worry the wellies are provided, but its a good idea to have some thick socks as you may have to look at a few pairs to get the right size. In fact you may not need any depends on the time of year and how wet it is. Evidently they have had a lot more water than usual hence wellies. It was great in the forest made better by the fact that we had to go by boat instead of walking because the river was so high.

Best wishes Carol

Carol King
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'ell-ee' wrote:

Wow, Carol, thank you for sharing the link to your pictures of Peru - they're fantastic!

I especially liked the pictures of the add-on into the Amazon - I've booked to go at the end of August and have included it. Looking at your photos, I'm so glad that I have!

Have you got any tips for the holiday? I've been wondering about insect repellant?!!

It does look like your group enjoyed the whole experience, despite the wet!

regards

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine

As I usually get bitten all the time I wasn't looking forward to the Jungle I thought I had made a big boo boo.

I was armed with all sorts of stuff, I had some wrist bands and I think they were the things that made a difference. I nearly ditched them when going back to Lima but after a lot of the others got bitten I didn't take them off till I got home bite free.

I am sure you will enjoy it.

Don't forget you need a overnight bag for the add on as your main case stays in Lima and a good torch.

Enjoy Carol

AngeS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you for posting those pictures Carol, they are breath taking, this is a trip I hope to do in the next couple of years, and now I can't wait

Ange S

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you Carol for posting great photos. Looking at the photos has got me thinking about going on this trip. If this trip is on offer next year, then perhaps I will decide to go on this instead of China. So many places to see, but so little time and money!!

Jaya

carol b
(Member)
Wow Carol

Amazing pictures.

Peru is on my bucket list. Maybe next year as I have been to China this year and going to Vietnam and Cambodia in September.

ell-ee
  • (Member)
(Member)
Carol,

Thank you for your response - where did you get the wrist bands? I think I'll try them!

Lorraine