shopper21
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Fantastic holiday – amazing sights, smells and experiences that will test all your senses to the limit. Most memorable events included first view of the Taj Mahal through the arched gateway, sighting tigers (on four separate occasions) whilst on the game drives in Ranthambore, the rickety rickshaw ride through the bustling streets of Varanasi on the evening of our visit to the River Ganges and the Aarti ceremony, and the truly spiritual experience of floating the flower and candle arrangements on the Ganges at dawn. All of this, and a great group of “young” fellow travellers, expertly and sensitively led by a very experienced tour manager, Christopher Anderson, made for a magical holiday in a truly original country. Thank you to all concerned at Just You for organising and managing such a memorable holiday. Whilst I would whole heartedly recommend this adventure to anybody seeking something really different please note that this holiday is not for the FAINT HEARTED!
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Did this trip in March and couldn't agree more!

Angie S
(Member)
Hi Sue. I've been looking to see how you got on. Sounds amazing. I've started saving!
shopper21
(Member) (Topic Starter)
You won't be disappointed - especially if you are lucky enough to be in a group like ours and have our tour manager, Chris Anderson. Everything about the holiday was memorable but get into training before you go - a week later I just about feel "normal" again - a lot of early starts, full days and extreme heat make for an exhausting but worthwhile experience. Only 8 out of 23 of our group didn't suffer from any tummy troubles and 2 of those had taken some over the counter medication that helped to deal with the Indian bacteria which is different to the bacteria that we are used to at home. Don't waste your money on malaria tablets - mosquitoes were not a problem but we did get bitten at the evening outdoor "Light and Sound" show by midges that made us itch and bug sprays didn't seem to deter them! But a great time was had by all and we're now busy sharing our photos on Facebook! Sue
starlinedancer
(Member)
I was also on the tour with Sue and had a fantastic time. I think Sue says it all in her testimonial. The whole group got on really well and Christopher Anderson was a fantastic tour manager. I hope to go on another trip when he is the manager.

Seven of us met up in London in June and we had a great reunion. I am looking forward to the next one.

Note to Page & Moy: Is it possible to let the group from this tour know if Chris is on another trip, possibly next year?

shopper21
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Terri - you forgot to mention the video on You Tube! Really captures the "Spirit of India" - oh the noise, sense of adventure, and what sights! Sue