Peter Jersey
(Member) (Topic Starter)
What a wonderful holiday. Great group of passengers all mixing in well together. There were 41 of us and the atmosphere was terrific. We were well looked after by our Tour Manager (Claire Mellor). What a tireless individual she was, nothing was too much trouble. All the excursions were well planned and ran to time. The Alhambra and Gibraltar although optional should not be missed by anyone going on future tours. Fantastic places, just be aware of the monkeys on Gib.

A special thanks to Kay, Edna and Maria for looking out for me. A truly memorable holiday. Just You even arranged for the sun to shine every day!!

A wonderful holiday.

Peter

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
I agree with all Peter said, although I did this holiday back in Sept 2010, my first JY hol. Claire was a brilliant tour manager and had a difficult time in that there was a national strike on the day we flew back so she had to organise a bus to Madrid and new flights for everyone, including a connecting flight for me to Dublin! She took all this in her stride, as she did everything else. Brilliant hol and you have to see Gibraltar!

Cheers

Bob

praslin
(Member)
Totally agree with you Peter. It was a great holiday with some really nice people on it.

Already thinking about when I'm going to be able to book another holiday with Justyou as work keep getting in the way and I've got 3 other trips already booked this year with family and friends. Heyho I've hopefully got many more years of travelling to do yet.

Might meet you again on another trip.

All the best,

Chris

msx042
  • (Member)
(Member)
I was on that holiday to Andalucia in February 2012 and it was fantasic due primarily to one key element, the Tour Leader Claire Mellor. She is the best Tour Leader I have ever come across; she made everyone welcome and organised things to perfection. Spain was great (weather perfect), but I am not so sure about Gibralter (weather more the UK in the Spring) and not very inspiring apart from the drive through the rock and the caves).
Jackie Datson
(Member)
I went to Mijas in 2010 and had Claire as my tour manager - she was an absolute angel and had a heck of a lot to put up with (including a broken ankle and guests going walkabout!)
JustMargaret
(Member)
Thank you for all comments on Andalucia. I shall be going there on 10th May (my first JY holiday). I believe I have chosen the right one. I am feeling confident and really looking forward to it.