brownowl
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, booked for September 2012 National Parks & Canyons. Does anyone know what the weather will be like, do I need to pack warm clothing? How long is the longest time on the bus? Thanks. Sheila x
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
It will be very hot in most places especially Phoenix & Vegas.

It can be cooler n the evening when you get up at higher altitude around some of the canyons & Flagstaff but nothing major a light jacket or fleece should be ok.

brownowl
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

It will be very hot in most places especially Phoenix & Vegas.

It can be cooler n the evening when you get up at higher altitude around some of the canyons & Flagstaff but nothing major a light jacket or fleece should be ok.

Hi Mick, Thank you very much for your advice. Happy New Year

(belated) x

brownowl
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mick, Thank you very much for your advice. Happy New Year (belated). x
patricebry
(Member)
Hi,

I went to the Parks and Canyons in Sept 2010 and what Mick said about the weather was right. The coach journeys are not that long as you do alot of sightseeing on the way from one place to another, so you don't really have an uninterrupted coach journey. It's the best holiday I have ever had - I've been twice! you get to see so many wonderful places. Writing this is making me want to go back!

Regards, Pat

brownowl
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Pat,

Thank you so much for your post, it is extremely helpful. I can't

wait.

All the best. Sheila x

DonegalLiz
(Member)
'brownowl' wrote:

Hi, booked for September 2012 National Parks & Canyons. Does anyone know what the weather will be like, do I need to pack warm clothing? How long is the longest time on the bus? Thanks. Sheila x

Hi Sheila

I'm also booked on the September National Parks and canyons and found the replies you got helpful.

You might be interested in replies that I had from Mick, Pat and Botti in my posting in the "Hello to other singles" section. This will be my first JY holiday and I'm really looking forward to it.

Best wishes, Liz

joss21
  • (Member)
(Member)
'brownowl' wrote:

Hi, I have also booked for September National Parks and Canyons travelling to Heathrow from Cheshire. First time I've done this sort of holiday.....is there anyone going who is over 50 !! Thanks Joss x

DonegalLiz
(Member)
'joss21' wrote:

'brownowl' wrote:

Hi, I have also booked for September National Parks and Canyons travelling to Heathrow from Cheshire. First time I've done this sort of holiday.....is there anyone going who is over 50 !! Thanks Joss x

Hi Joss and Sheila, Yes I'm going and haven't done this before and am also over 50. I'm sure we'll have a great time. Not long now, I leave Ireland in the morning to spend the night at Heathrow, then meet you all on Tuesday! Liz