lorraine
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just returned from a great holiday in Italy on the Cilento Coast. Hotel, food and rooms were excellent and the trips were exciting and interesting. Guide(s) were1st class and the other guests and I really enjoyed ourselves. Would recommend this trip to other like minded travellers.[/b]
bondensbabe
(Member)
'lorraine' wrote:

Just returned from a great holiday in Italy on the Cilento Coast. Hotel, food and rooms were excellent and the trips were exciting and interesting. Guide(s) were1st class and the other guests and I really enjoyed ourselves. Would recommend this trip to other like minded travellers.[/b]

Glad you had a great time there too Lorraine. I really enjoyed my trip in May and am seriously considering returning there next year to do a little more exploring on my own but within the safety of a group.

lorraine
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'bondensbabe' wrote:

'lorraine' wrote:

Glad you had a great time there too Lorraine. I really enjoyed my trip in May and am seriously considering returning there next year to do a little more exploring on my own but within the safety of a group.

Lovely to hear you had a great time too, I did the coastal walk from San Marco, along the beach to Santa Maria on my own. Brilliant. I'm off to Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore in November. This will be my 1st holiday with Travelsphere on my own, having a few trepidations holidaying with couples.

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
'bondensbabe' wrote:

'lorraine' wrote:

Hi, I was very interested to read your views on The Cilento Coast. I'm going 9th Oct. Any tips as to which optional excursion to go on or did you go off exploring on the local transport independently?

Helenj

bondensbabe
(Member)
'HelenJ' wrote:

'bondensbabe' wrote:

'lorraine' wrote:

Hi, I was very interested to read your views on The Cilento Coast. I'm going 9th Oct. Any tips as to which optional excursion to go on or did you go off exploring on the local transport independently?

Helenj

I didn't use the public transport Helen mainly because I wasn't sure on the timings and was nervous about being stuck! That's because everything stops there from 12.30ish to after 5pm for siesta, and all the shops are closed. The walk along the beach from San Marco to Santa Maria is amazing, and I wanted to walk to Punta Licosa but wasn't sure on the right path.

I went to the caves and the monastery (lovely day, but wear good walking shoes) only because I had been to Amalfi and Ravello in the past. From reports I heard from those that went it was a nice trip, but a lot of travelling for only a short period of time in each place.

I hope you have good weather!

lorraine
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'HelenJ' wrote:

'bondensbabe' wrote:

'lorraine' wrote:

Helenj

I did'nt use public transport but the Hotel Staff are very good for local information. They printed bus timetables for San Marco to Santa Maria, so ask and I'm sure they would oblige. I only went on the included excusions as I've done the Amalfi and many caves. The included Paesteum trip and Elia Velia are a must, fantastic sights. Enjoy.