Caz
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have just returned from my first ever JY holiday in Andalucia and thought I would give some feedback on the holiday. Firstly I had a really fabulous time mainly down to the rep Clair and the lovely people I met there.

Mijas is beautiful and it was a pleasure to stay in such an unspoilt town. There were optional excursions everyday bar the last day and they were all very insightful and enjoyable. There is a lot of walking to do at Ronda and the visit to the Alhambra Palace, so you need good walking shoes and lots of energy, they are worth a visit as the scenery and places are spectacular.

The only down side for lots of us was the food which was bland on most days and unappetising on others. The second moan again for most of us was the staff, they were very miserable and quite rude on occasions, there attitude at times felt that it was too much trouble if you asked for anything. This spoilt the holiday slightly as the hotel itself is in a beautiful spot and expecting good customer service is not much to ask. There was one exception the chambermaids, they were always courteous and friendly.

On a couple of occasions a number of us went out to eat in the evenings and I can thoroughly recommend a restaurant called El Romero's which is up the hill on the way into Mijas. It has lovely panoramic views and the staff were magnificent, they could not do enough for you, total contrast to the hotel staff, added to that the food was delicious.

In the end your holiday often relies on the people you share it with and Clair the rep and everyone there made this holiday special for me. So overall I would recommend this holiday to any newbies as its a great start for your first JY holiday or anyone else for that matter.

Caz xx

Excited Halesowen
(Member)
I 100% agree with your review. It was my first experience with JY as well. We could have written the same review.

Please do something about the restaurant staff and the food. It spoilt what otherwise would have been a totally fantastic holiday.

A group of 14 of us also ate out one evening and it was wonderful.

However, my overall experience was great and I will be booking again.:thumbup:

Mijas08
(Member)
Could not agree more with you both, Mijas is the place to go. Clair is a first class rep. It is a shame that Just You have not done anything about the food at this Hotel. Three years ago I wrote and complained about the bad food and staff and nothing has changed.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did this trip last Sept and thought the food and service in the Hotel Mijas was absolutely fine, they would even let you re-seal an open bottle of wine and bring it to your table the following evening! Just goes to show one man's fish is another's poisson.....Great holiday, great tour manager.....
bondensbabe
(Member)
'Mijas08' wrote:

Could not agree more with you both, Mijas is the place to go. Clair is a first class rep. It is a shame that Just You have not done anything about the food at this Hotel. Three years ago I wrote and complained about the bad food and staff and nothing has changed.

Wanted to say thanks for letting me know about this. I am exploring trips for next year and this is one of the ones I was looking at. I haven't been to Spain in years so I thought I might give it a go. However on reading this I think, unless anything changes I would pass, which is a shame because I really like the look of the area. I know that most people say don't rely on Trip Advisor, but reports on there that I have read previously gave the hotel good ratings, but said exactly the same as stated on here about some staff members and particulary the food. When I go on holiday I dont necessarily want to be eating out all the time because the food in the hotel is not good, and poor customer service from hotel staff just riles me big time.

Thanks again for the honest review.