OldMarty
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Brilliant tour led by Richard Lord. Thoroughly enjoyable and engaging - but make sure you have a couple of days to recover, as it is a full program with loads of walking - not a relaxing trip. My particular highlights would be seeing the Pope in St Peters Square, the Pantheon, Venice, (which I didn't expect to be as spectacular as it was), and all other trips on the tour. Two of the hotels were excellent and one fairly good, so all in all a great holiday. Cheers to all the folks in the group - all seemed to have a good time. Looking forward to Kenya in September. Martin.
Iris C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'OldMarty' wrote:

Brilliant tour led by Richard Lord. Thoroughly enjoyable and engaging - but make sure you have a couple of days to recover, as it is a full program with loads of walking - not a relaxing trip. My particular highlights would be seeing the Pope in St Peters Square, the Pantheon, Venice, (which I didn't expect to be as spectacular as it was), and all other trips on the tour. Two of the hotels were excellent and one fairly good, so all in all a great holiday. Cheers to all the folks in the group - all seemed to have a good time. Looking forward to Kenya in September. Martin.

Hi Martin

I'm doing this trip on 7th July and was a bit worried about the hotels as the ones stated on the Just You programme don't have a very good write up on Trip Advisor. Did the hotels have air conditioning as this was one of the gripes on Trip Advisor.

Iris

OldMarty
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Iris,

Personally I found the first two hotels to be of a very good standard, welcoming, nice rooms, good food, and importantly - good bars. The third one a little less so than the others, but still acceptable. Bit early in the season for me to worry about A/C - the first hotel had it - don't remember about the other two.

I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy your tour.

Martin.

OldMarty
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Iris

Just thinking, don't be put off by my review of the last hotel. I was slightly disappointed with my room, but the bar/lounge and dining area was very nice and you won't be spending much time in your room anyway :]

Have a great trip, (I did),

Martin.

Iris C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'OldMarty' wrote:

Iris

Just thinking, don't be put off by my review of the last hotel. I was slightly disappointed with my room, but the bar/lounge and dining area was very nice and you won't be spending much time in your room anyway :]

Have a great trip, (I did),

Martin.

Hi Martin

I appreciate your comments, thank you. I am looking forward to seeing Italy's beautiful cities and bringing home loads of memories and photographs.

Regards

Iris

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Iris,

I've found trip advisor to be quite misleading regarding objective and impartial hotel reviews - even if you type in the name of some five star hotels you will still find plenty of reviews griping about this and that. It's impossible to please all of the people all of the time! And some people just love to complain.....

pauline p
(Member)
Hi Iris , im also doing this trip to Italy ,this will be my 5th holiday with just you and have always found them excellent. Looking forward to meeting you .

Regards

Pauline

Iris C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'pauline wrote:

Hi Iris , im also doing this trip to Italy ,this will be my 5th holiday with just you and have always found them excellent. Looking forward to meeting you .

Regards

Pauline

Hi Pauline

I'm sure we will all have a great time, less than 6 weeks to go and I'm thinking of packing already. Really looking forward to meeting everybody at Gatwick or the Travelodge if anybody else is staying on the 6th.

Kind regards

Iris

OldMarty
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Iris

I agree totally with BGray - don't place too much reliance on Tripadvisor. Professional moaners do exist to the detriment of the majority of groups. I would consider myself to be quite demanding in standards, and found every aspect of this tour to be excellent. The hotels are family owned/run and are very good value. I'm sure you will enjoy the tour as much as I did.

Martin.

Staffy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Looking forward to my first solo trip to classic cities of Italy on the 7th July, just a little apprehensive, but sure I will be ok !! Tess
Iris C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Staffy' wrote:

Looking forward to my first solo trip to classic cities of Italy on the 7th July, just a little apprehensive, but sure I will be ok !! Tess

Hi Tess

I'm on this trip, the second with Just You and the third solo. Everybody is friendly and most are on their own. A few come with friends but still join in with everybody. You will have a wonderful time and I look forward to meeting you on the 7th.

Iris