BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just a quick post to say how much I enjoyed this trip - just back! The group were very friendly and every day there were exciting things to see and do; it was just one highlight after another. A fantastic holiday and Ann Murray is a brilliant tour manager, probably the best I have ever had. Would thoroughly recommend this holiday to everyone. San Francisco, Vegas and the Grand Canyon trip (wow!) were especially enjoyable. Thanks to everyone for making it one of the best holidays I've ever had!
dazgrice
(Member)
Hi Bob!

Yes it was a great holiday. Could not agree with you more about Ann Murray she was fantastic. Seriously recommend this holiday to anyone.

Done it 4 times now, so I know what I`m talking about! lol

All the best

Darren

TraceyT
(Member)
Need to add my thumbs up for Ann Murray, brilliant informative and what good fun. Loved the itinerary, loved the group, in fact loved everything.

Highlights for me

San francisco, Palm Springs, Universal studios and vegas. but did so much more.

Tracey

TravellerGillian
(Member)

Fantastic holiday, great travelling companions, amazing sights - Grand Canyon truly the highlight. Las Vegas just surreal. Loved San Francisco. Ann Murray, our tour manager, was brilliant - very organised and professional and great fun. I would highly recommend this trip.

Mary1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Just like to say thankyou to all the wonderful people on this holiday. It was fantastic from start to finish.Ann Murrey was a wonderful tour manager,she knew so much about the places we visited and looked after us all. I would recomend this holiday to anyone and would have no doubts about travelling on my own with JY again.
JoanneC
(Member)
Have also just returned from this holiday. It was absolutely fantastic and our Tour Manager, Ann Murray, was brilliant. I met some really lovely people and everybody was so friendly. I have been on many holidays but think this is one of the best I have had. Ann Murray always went that extra mile to make our holiday perfect. Thanks Ann!!!

Best wishes to everyone on the holiday - Eileen

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mary, so glad u enjoyed the hol so much, i cant wait for my next JY hol! Take care, Bob
jennifermary
(Member)
Hi.

I am thinking of taking this holiday in oct. nov. this year. I there anybody out there who may be going to do likewise. I have never holidayed on my own before, usually with my husband who sadly died a year ago. Hope to hear from somebody who is brave enough to do the same. I feel excited but understandedly nervous, but know I have made the right decision.

Jennifermary

srak
  • (Member)
(Member)
'jennifermary' wrote:

Hi.

I am thinking of taking this holiday in oct. nov. this year. I there anybody out there who may be going to do likewise. I have never holidayed on my own before, usually with my husband who sadly died a year ago. Hope to hear from somebody who is brave enough to do the same. I feel excited but understandedly nervous, but know I have made the right decision.

Jennifermary

Jennifermary

I intend to go on this holiday on Oct 3rd. I've just booked it.

I also lost my husband. It's hard isn't it? I've been on holiday since Stan died and I found that the people were all very friendly and I did enjoy it.

Margaret

JoanneC
(Member)
Have now booked another holiday - am going on the Best of New England and New York in September holiday. Really looking forward to it.
jennifermary
(Member)
Hi margaret.

Thanks for your reply. I am having trouble navigating the JustU web site so mislaid your reply. there is no saying that it won.t happen again!! Yes it is hard without my husband as you will no doubt know. I am sorry for your loss. I am deterermined to go on holiday as a single traveller and have a good time. Look forward to hearing from you again.

Jennifemary

Joolsg
  • (Member)
(Member)
Advice please??

Sounds like you all had a great time, I have booked to go in November will I have enough time to go to Alcatraz only I really want to go and was told to book before I got there as you will never get in on the day?

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jools, quite a number on our tour went to Alcatraz on the afternoon and hadn't booked previously; although in high season maybe it might be different. I didn't go, as we did see it close up and had a good commentary on the Bay cruise that morning. A group of us went around the city instead - on the cable cars, through chinatown and little italy, with a stop off for a drink along the way - great fun! Enjoy the hol, it's fantastic in every way!
LynnR
  • (Member)
(Member)
'jennifermary' wrote:

Hi.

Jennifermary

Hi Jennifermary, I am doing this trip in October and it's my first "singles" holiday. Always wanted to do it so nothing is going to hold me back. Look forward to hearing whether you have taken the plunge. Lynn

srak
  • (Member)
(Member)
'LynnR' wrote:

'jennifermary' wrote:

I am doing this trip in October and it's my first "singles" holiday. Always wanted to do it so nothing is going to hold me back. Look forward to hearing whether you have taken the plunge. Lynn

hi Lynn and Jennifemary,

Have you booked yet? I'm booked for Oct.3rd.

Margaret

jennifermary
(Member)
Hi Margaret. No I have,nt booked yet. Although I would rather travel in Oct. I have another engagement that i can.t miss.

Jennifermary

jennifermary
(Member)
'srak' wrote:

'jennifermary' wrote:

Hi.

Jennifermary

Jennifermary

I intend to go on this holiday on Oct 3rd. I've just booked it.

I also lost my husband. It's hard isn't it? I've been on holiday since Stan died and I found that the people were all very friendly and I did enjoy it.

Margaret

Hi Margaret

I have booked this holiday now, but, I am having to go in Nov, so will not be meeting you. Hope you have a goo time

Jennifer mary

jennifermary
(Member)
'LynnR' wrote:

'jennifermary' wrote:

Hi.

Jennifermary

Hi Jennifermary, I am doing this trip in October and it's my first "singles" holiday. Always wanted to do it so nothing is going to hold me back. Look forward to hearing whether you have taken the plunge. Lynn

Hi Lynn.

I have booked for November, couldn't manage Oct because of another commitment. Really want to go to Alcatraz, have seen so much of it in films etc. I booked the holiday one Sunday morning when it was cold and raining, the best time !!. Hope to see you in the future

kind regards Jennifermary

jennifermary
(Member)
'Joolsg' wrote:

Advice please??

Sounds like you all had a great time, I have booked to go in November will I have enough time to go to Alcatraz only I really want to go and was told to book before I got there as you will never get in on the day?

Hi Joolsg

I have booked for Nov this year and I really want to go to Alcatraz, The feeling is that we can book when we get there if its not in high season. There is another lady, Lynn that is going at the same time. I know it is a long time to wait, but now I have booked it I am really looking forward to it, once I get the hang of this web site !!

kind regards jennifermary

Puer aeternus
(Member)
'dazgrice' wrote:

Hi Bob!

Yes it was a great holiday. Could not agree with you more about Ann Murray she was fantastic. Seriously recommend this holiday to anyone.

Done it 4 times now, so I know what I`m talking about! lol

All the best

Darren

Hi Darren,

I was on this trip with you waaaaaaaay back in Oct 2008, as said amazing trip. So amazing, I'm doing it again this Oct, flying out on trhe 3rd!

Do you have any tips on what to do or not do differently from the first time?

Cheers