june k j
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
i HAVE BOOKED TO GO IN JUNE 2011.HAS ANYBODY BEEN THIS TIME OF YEAR AND WHAT IS THE TEMPERATURE LIKE.THINKING OF CHANGEING BOOKING TO FEB 2012.
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi June,

I'm booked on this holiday and fully expect it to be very hot. Did Americas Golden West last year in June which also finishes in Vegas and it was extreamly hot then. Expect Phoenix and Flagstaff to be possibly hotter but not sure about Kanab.

One good thing with the US is that they are geared up for it and everywhere will be air conditioned which can be a relief at times.

Mick

bj
  • (Member)
(Member)
'june wrote:

i HAVE BOOKED TO GO IN JUNE 2011.HAS ANYBODY BEEN THIS TIME OF YEAR AND WHAT IS THE TEMPERATURE LIKE.THINKING OF CHANGEING BOOKING TO FEB 2012.

Hi

I definitely would not change to a February date. I have just come back, fabulous trip and tour manager, left on 28/4. Because much of the trip is in the mountains the temps are lower, sure Salt Lake City and Vegas will be hot, but that is only for a very small part of the trip. We went from snow above the picnic table height to nice and hot in Salt Lake is 2 hours or so. Dont do it, you may even find some of the parks are closed ie Yellowstone.

B

keith d
(Member)
HI June

I agree with B, I was also on this trip (28/4 ) winter is very late there this year, some mornings it was just below freezing but by the afternoon it could be in the 80s

It's a very interesting holiday, well worth going on. have a good time.

Keith d

keith d
(Member)
HI June

I agree with B, I was also on this trip (28/4 ) winter is very late there this year, some mornings it was just below freezing but by the afternoon it could be in the 80s

It's a very interesting holiday, well worth going on. have a good time.

Keith d

keith d
(Member)
'june wrote:

Hi June

I was also on this trip (28/4) as B says it can be just below freezing in the morning to 80s in the afternoon,june should be better through.

go ahead and enjoy a very interesting trip.

Keith d