wharole
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am thinking of going on the holiday starting on 11 September 2020 and would like to go to a Broadway show.  I note that a Broadway show is an option on day 7 and the group manager will help.  In reality how does this work?  Is a show prebookable and is there a choice?  Suspect the really popular shows will be sold out and some are available in London.  How close is the hotel to Broadway so can “do own thing”?

Thank you.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi wharole,

I have spoken with our overseas team on this one to make sure I was giving you the right information....

The hotel you'll be staying in is about a 12 minute walk from Times Square. Here there are plenty of shows and ticket offices where you can buy "last minute" tickets.

We do not have an allocation of tickets to sell, but the Tour Manager will definietly be able to help if you want to book a ticket locally. If there is a particular show that you would like to see and would like to be guaranteed a ticket - we would recommend that you book this in advance of your departure.

https://www.broadway.com/shows/find-by-date/?query=&start_date=2020-09-17&end_date=2020-09-18&quantity=2 

Kindest regards,

Julia

Dennis101
(Member)
'wharole' wrote:

I am thinking of going on the holiday starting on 11 September 2020 and would like to go to a Broadway show.  I note that a Broadway show is an option on day 7 and the group manager will help.  In reality how does this work?  Is a show prebookable and is there a choice?  Suspect the really popular shows will be sold out and some are available in London.  How close is the hotel to Broadway so can “do own thing”?

Thank you.

You can purchase discount tickets in Times Square booking office. You cant miss it as there is always a que from about 4pm. You may have to que for 45 minutes but cheaper than booking in advance, and no booking fees.

wharole
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks for this. Just need to get the time off work!
Donna1
(Member)
I would highly recommend wicked if you've not seen it before I saw it last time I was in NYC and booked the tickets before I went. 

Donna

SarahS
(Member)
I’m on this tour departing 11 September. A big thank you to the helpful agent who took my booking, and the flight department for emailing my Virgin booking reference so I could prebook my premium economy seat. I’ve complained about poor customer service in the past, so it’s only fair to give praise where due.