anpev
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'm booked on this trip on 2.3.20 and now that I'm back from my brilliant New Year trip in Italy, I'm starting to plan my next JY adventure.

I normally pack light in quite a small case, but this is a long trip and I might need a bigger case! Can you tell me what the baggage allowance will be for this trip please? There are lot's of internal flights and I'm wondering if they will have a smaller allowance.

I rang in yesterday and was told that the tour manager will be Lezli Peterson. I've done about 30 of your tours and Lezli will be new to me. I wonder has she done this tour before? Do you know if she will meet us in Heathrow?

Angee

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Angee,

I'm delighted to hear that you had a great time in Italy with us.

Chatting to our aviation team, the luggage allowance for this trip is 20kg across all your flights - luggage allowances will also be confirmed in your final documents.

I can tell you that Lezli has done this tour before - in fact she's rather well travelled in South America so you are certainly in safe hands. At the moment I can't see whether or not she will meet you at Heathrow or on arrival in Chile, but if you ask me again closer to departure I should be able to share this with you.

Kindest regards,

Julia

anpev
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Julia, that's useful.

I'd looked at the airlines website and thought it might be 23kgs allowance, so it's a good thing I checked.

Angee

ksf1
  • (Member)
(Member)
'anpev' wrote:

Thanks Julia, that's useful.

I'd looked at the airlines website and thought it might be 23kgs allowance, so it's a good thing I checked.

Angee

I was 23Kg on this Trip last Oct (in fact I was nearer 25 but no one queried.. Yes it is a long trip but so worth it

Keith

anpev
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Keith, all will become clear I'm sure.

I'm really looking forward to this adventure. I've read all the reviews and am now reading my guide book. It all looks so beautiful with such variety.

One of my friends asked me the other day "How many more 'holidays of a lifetime' are you going to have". No idea!

Angee

anpev
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've just read another thread about a tour of Central America that departs the day after this tour and the TM for that will be Lezli Peterson. I've been told that Lezli will be the TM for my tour departing on 2.3.20.

Can you tell me therefore, who is now going to lead this Chile tour? Hopefully it's someone who has also lead the Chile tour before.

Thanks.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Anpev,

Yes, the Tour Manager who has now provisionally been allocated to the March departure of this tour is Ricardo De Lima Mendez.

I can speak from personal experience at how great Ricardo is - he was the Tour Manager on a trip I took to South America a couple of years ago. His knowledge of and passion for the destination is incredible.

Kindest reagards,

Julia

anpev
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Morning Julia,

Thanks for this great news. 

I really hope it will be him; I've travelled with Ricardo before and he is a fabulous tour manager. I was taken ill on a tour he managed and he looked after me so well. Fingers crossed for an incident free trip this time.

Thanks

Angee