AnnF
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello, Vickie.

With only 4 weeks to go before I head off on holiday again, can you please let me know how many people are on this trip, are there any others besides me who will be flying from Birmingham, and who the TM will be?

Many thanks.

Ann

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Ann,

Sure 🙂 Not long to go now!

There are 30 people booked on this trip, so it's fully booked.

There are 8 men and 22 women and their ages range from late 40s to early 80s.

Your Tour Manager will be David Coatsworth and he will be flying out with the main group.

It's just you flying from Birmingham, but don't forget our local representative will be there at check in, so please look out for them if you need any assistance with anything 🙂

Many thanks,

Vickie

AnnF
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Ann,

Sure 🙂 Not long to go now!

There are 30 people booked on this trip, so it's fully booked.

There are 8 men and 22 women and their ages range from late 40s to early 80s.

Your Tour Manager will be David Coatsworth and he will be flying out with the main group.

It's just you flying from Birmingham, but don't forget our local representative will be there at check in, so please look out for them if you need any assistance with anything 🙂

Many thanks,

Vickie

Thanks for this information, Vickie.

Ann

David Coatsworth TM
(Member)
Hi Ann

It was good to see your message on the board.

Have a Good Journey over to Slovenia on Friday. I look forward to meeting you on my arrival (hopefully early evening).

Best wishes

David

I have just asked Admin to Post the following on the Tour Managers Thread:

Secret Slovenia Departing 13th September 2019

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen

My name is David Coatsworth and I have the great pleasure of being your Just You Tour Manager for the ‘Secret Slovenia’ tour beginning on 13thSeptember 2019.

I would like to say – Hello - to those of you travelling with me that use the online chat room.

Slovenia is a truly beautiful and wonderful country and I will be doing my upmost to ensure that you have an amazing holiday from start to finish. Like yourselves I am looking forward to returning to this amazing country where I have no doubt we will create some fabulous memories with a group of new friends.

A few things that I would like to make you aware of:

Currency

We will be using the Euro throughout our time in Slovenia and also when we visit Italy. ATMs are widely available and credit cards are generally accepted.

Clothing

It would be foolish of me to predict the weather in the beautiful mountainous region that we are going to be visiting. But its likely that we will experience a range of weather, from warm & sunny to cool & wet. So I recommend that you consider packing a hat and sunscreen in addition to something warm and rainproof. You will also want some comfortable footwear to walk in.

You might like to consider keeping your luggage weight a little below your allowed limit in case you want to pick up some souvenirs.

You might like to check the weather forecast on the internet before you leave, but in a mountainous region always expect the unexpected where the weather is concerned. We will be stating in Kranjska Gora.

Electrical

Slovenia uses the 2 x Round Pin Plug that is common throughout much of Continental Europe. Adapters for our U.K. plugs can generally be purchased more cheaply at home than they can abroad. If you are using equipment that needs to be charged please remember to bring the necessary cables in order to charge up your camera, phone, iPad etc.

Meals

Breakfast and dinner are included in your tariff and we also have 2 lunches included. Most meals will be served Buffet style and will include examples of the local cuisine. Wine, beer, soft drinks, tea, coffee and water are not included but can easily be obtained at your own expense.

Medication

Please ensure that you bring sufficient prescription medication for the duration of your stay and carry any medication in your hand baggage rather than in your suitcase. It can also be useful to have your prescription slip with you. Also bring your EHIC card with you.

Tipping

Tipping is common practice in most holiday destinations. If you feel you have received good service in a hotel, bar or restaurant or from a driver or local guide, you might want to say thank you by leaving a tip. How much you leave is entirely up to you, but as a guide £2-£3 per person per day is suggested by Just You in your holiday paperwork.

Toilets

As is the case in the U.K. you will often be required to pay to use public toilets, so it’s useful to keep some coins handy.

Welcome Meeting

I will organise a brief Welcome Meeting (including a Welcome Drink) on the day of our arrival. If our flights are on time I hope to hold this at 6.45pm in the Hotel Lounge/Bar area which is adjacent to the Reception.

Suggestions

It’s a good idea to have a copy of the Photo & Information page of your Passport and to have a copy of your travel insurance with you.

To make a telephone call from Slovenia to the U.K. dial +44, followed by the phone number (dropping the first 0). Telephone calls from hotels can be very expensive. You might like to check your own particular arrangements with your mobile service provider as special packages are often available.

It is going to be a FABULOUS Tour!

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Best Wishes

David

Bosuncat
(Member)
Have a great time folks.  I wanted to go back to Slovenia this year, but health came in first place.  Hopefully next year. 

Ann, good luck with the transfer in Brussels.  I shall be interested to hear how you got on, and what you thought of Slovenia.  Wonderful country in my view.   🙂

David Coatsworth TM
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

Have a great time folks.  I wanted to go back to Slovenia this year, but health came in first place.  Hopefully next year. 

Ann, good luck with the transfer in Brussels.  I shall be interested to hear how you got on, and what you thought of Slovenia.  Wonderful country in my view.   :)

Wishing you a good recovery Bosuncat and hope to meet you on a Tour sometime soon. 

I first 'discovered' Slovenia in 1996 and I was immediately smitten and although I really shouldn't I adore their cakes & pastries! 

Best Wishes David TM

Bosuncat
(Member)
'David Coatsworth TM' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Ann, good luck with the transfer in Brussels.  I shall be interested to hear how you got on, and what you thought of Slovenia.  Wonderful country in my view.   :)

Wishing you a good recovery Bosuncat and hope to meet you on a Tour sometime soon. 

I first 'discovered' Slovenia in 1996 and I was immediately smitten and although I really shouldn't I adore their cakes & pastries! 

Best Wishes David TM

Thanks David.

I go back further than you.   🙂 

I first went to KG in the mid 1980's and was last there in 1991 just before everything went awry, although I did go on the JY Slovenia From the Mountains to the Coast trip 5 years ago.  I miss the pivo  😃 

Had some holidays in what is now Croatia too.  Something of a old hand, but I still cannot speak a word of the language, and still have to think what is the Ladies and what is the Gents.   😛 

Yes, hoping to make it next year, if I can negotiate the transfer at Munich Airport.  Like Ann I would be flying from Birmingham.

Hope everyone has a great time.  You are so right about the weather.  The first time I stayed in the village I had the treat of a foot of snow overnight, on my birthday in May!  🙂