RogerT
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Vickie and all June Canada travellers.

Yesterday I received correspondence from JY in the shape of a hand written envelope enclosing an American Visa application form. I had the Canadian equivalent back in March which I duly filled in and returned.

I’m doing the ‘East to West with Alaskan cruise add on’, so it may be that I need a US visa for the Alaska part (?)

I did query this some time ago, but was assured this wasn’t the case.

In with the form was a page of ‘guidance notes’. Under the heading ‘when should I send these forms to you ?’ it said ‘we recommend you send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than six weeks before departure’.

It’s now 3 weeks and 4 days before departure !

Has anyone else received this rather late request ?

I’m sure JY are on the case, but it’s a little disconcerting ...

Final docs should be through in 11 days, so we shall see.

Could be an earlier end to the holiday than anticipated .. :-(

Roger

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Roger,

Sorry to hear this. We have been experiencing some issues with our visa documents due to technical issues.

If you enter the US by air or Sea you are required to have an ESTA. As soon as we picked up on this we contacted the relevant customers.

Please be assured that ESTA’s are approved with 24 hours normally so there is plenty of time and there should be no problem.

Many thanks,

Vickie

SarahS
(Member)
It’s very easy to obtain anESTA online.
RogerT
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for the reassurance Vickie !

Out of curiosity, please could you confirm how many are doing the cruise part of this tour ?

Regards,

Roger

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Roger,

No problem 🙂 There are 3 people doing the cruise.

Thanks,

Vickie