simon24
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, i'm wondering if you have any advice about how much spending money, local currency or ease of changing currency, people have spent on this tour before?
Laronde
(Member)
Hi Simon, I am also on this trip and wanted to know the same thing. There is a thread somewhere suggesting $US and small amount of Vietnamese currency if you can get it. Credit cards are not widely accepted. Looking forward to the trip, not long now.
simon24
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Laronde' wrote:

Hi Simon, I am also on this trip and wanted to know the same thing. There is a thread somewhere suggesting $US and small amount of Vietnamese currency if you can get it. Credit cards are not widely accepted. Looking forward to the trip, not long now.

Yes, US$ and Vietnamese currency seems to be the best idea. Seen your other post, i'm also stopping at Premier Inn T4, the night before. Will be around bar area/restaurant in the evening, will keep an eye out for any fellow travellers.

JeanK62
(Member)
Hi Laronde and Simon,

My post Office doesn't do Vietnamese dong, but I've discovered Sainsburys bank can order it. I'm going to take some Vietnamese currency and $US, just not sure how much yet!

Jean

Laronde
(Member)
'JeanK' wrote:

Hi Laronde and Simon,

My post Office doesn't do Vietnamese dong, but I've discovered Sainsburys bank can order it. I'm going to take some Vietnamese currency and $US, just not sure how much yet!

Jean

Hello Jean. My local tesco superstore will order dong for me, so I am doing the same as you. See you at Heathrow. Rhonda.