Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
If I do manage to get away next year, it will probably have to be a very gentle holiday.  

I haven't seen any reviews yet for the above holiday?  Anyone got any views, or just wondering what sort of feedback JY have had?

Thanks.

Chris84
(Member)
Hello Bosuncat

Sardinia was my first Just You holiday, and it was on my trip that they changed the hotel and therefore the itinerary around as it was on the other end of the island. Like Sicily, the Sardinian's like to keep their own identity - don't call them Italians. In the Alghero area the native language is Catalan, but they also speak Sardinian, Italian and English.

The hotel was actually quite remote, a lovely setting on the coast about 30 minutes by coach transfer to Alghero which is the nearest town. So if you need to buy something (water, wine, crisps) you would best do this when you visit the town. The hotel itself has good facilities and the staff were helpful. It has a swimming pool and the hotels private beach on its doorstep.

There are a few restaurants nearby, and a stunning national park to explore (which is free) on your doorstep. The hotel can also arrange for pickup to another reserve in the other direction where you can see free roaming donkeys. The little 'village' also has a garage that was converted into the local shop.

We had a very restricted menu for the three course lunches and dinner (all included) of mains being either meat or fish. It got a bit much and it wasn't that inspiring either and was basic, not the usual Italian fare. - I skipped most lunches as I could not face it twice a day - This has to have been changed since then.

I don't know if they do this now, but our tour manager and driver also arranged for us to be taken to Alghero a couple of evenings during the week, and the tourist shops are open late there, so this is a good time to get your souvenirs.

The excursions were short and nearby, on the days with excursion's we were back at the hotel by early afternoon (for lunch!). The Nuragic ruins are unique to Sardinia and interesting, the vineyard was so relaxing and tasty, and Bosa was charming, all were included, so was the tour on Alghero's ramparts.

There was a lot of free time - 2 whole days and most afternoons. It suited me then as I really needed to unwind at the time. It looks like there was been more excursions added since and I can understand why.

Oh and we all returned sun-kissed from Sardinia.

Chris

Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Chris84' wrote:

Hello Bosuncat

Sardinia was my first Just You holiday, and it was on my trip that they changed the hotel and therefore the itinerary around as it was on the other end of the island. Like Sicily, the Sardinian's like to keep their own identity - don't call them Italians. In the Alghero area the native language is Catalan, but they also speak Sardinian, Italian and English.  

The hotel was actually quite remote, a lovely setting on the coast about 30 minutes by coach transfer to Alghero which is the nearest town. So if you need to buy something (water, wine, crisps) you would best do this when you visit the town. The hotel itself has good facilities and the staff were helpful. It has a swimming pool and the hotels private beach on its doorstep.

There are a few restaurants nearby, and a stunning national park to explore (which is free) on your doorstep. The hotel can also arrange for pickup to another reserve in the other direction where you can see free roaming donkeys. The little 'village' also has a garage that was converted into the local shop.    

We had a very restricted menu for the three course lunches and dinner (all included) of mains being either meat or fish. It got a bit much and it wasn't that inspiring either and was basic, not the usual Italian fare. - I skipped most lunches as I could not face it twice a day - This has to have been changed since then.    

I don't know if they do this now, but our tour manager and driver also arranged for us to be taken to Alghero a couple of evenings during the week, and the tourist shops are open late there, so this is a good time to get your souvenirs.

The excursions were short and nearby, on the days with excursion's we were back at the hotel by early afternoon (for lunch!). The Nuragic ruins are unique to Sardinia and interesting, the vineyard was so relaxing and tasty, and Bosa was charming, all were included, so was the tour on Alghero's ramparts.

There was a lot of free time - 2 whole days and most afternoons. It suited me then as I really needed to unwind at the time. It looks like there was been more excursions added since and I can understand why.  

Oh and we all returned sun-kissed from Sardinia.    

Chris

Thanks Chris.  

All that is very useful information.   🙂