sjm533
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
When we ring a UK mobile the number begins with 0.  Overseas mobiles also start with 0.  To phone from the UK does the number start with 00, the country code and the 0 of the mobile, or is the mobile 0 dropped, as is the case with landlines.  Anyone know the answer please?
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sorry I have never rung a mobile from abroad, I just send emails...or I have used the hotel phone and paid for the call.

In my contacts my mobiles are listed as

+44 then it goes straight to a 10 digit number there number doesn’t start with a 0 has that helped or confused you even more..

Cindy

jayli
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sjm533' wrote:

When we ring a UK mobile the number begins with 0.  Overseas mobiles also start with 0.  To phone from the UK does the number start with 00, the country code and the 0 of the mobile, or is the mobile 0 dropped, as is the case with landlines.  Anyone know the answer please?

I have some German contacts in my address book, and their landline and mobile numbers both have the same format: '+49' followed by the number without the leading zero. It's presumably the same for other countries.

sjm533
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Nixon and Jayli.  Nixon the +44 is the code for getting into the UK from abroad, so I think you are both right and the leading mobile 0 should be dropped.

I'll re-enter the mobile numbers.  Thanks again.

Sylvia