Dina
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia/Amy

I know that it is still early days but please could you tell me how many travellers have booked this tour and also if a Tour Manager is provisionally allocated?

Many thanks and Happy Easter

Di

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Di,

I can tell you that 12 travelers have booked on this date for the main tour. 4 are male and 8 are female. The ages range between early 60s - early 80s.

For the Ngwe Saung Add-on, I can tell you that 3 travelers have booked. 2 are male and 1 is female. The ages range between late 40s - early 60s.

The Tour Manager will be Branwen Edwards.

Have a Happy Easter!

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Dina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Amy

Thank you for the information.

It will be lovely to have Branwen as our Tour Manager again. Four of us who are JY friends going on this trip had Branwen as our TM when we went to Vietnam in 2015. If Jaya reads this I don't know whether Jaya has been on a tour with Branwen (Jaya wasn't with us in Vietnam).

Kind regards and repeating myself (I get into trouble repeating things) Happy Easter.

Di

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Di,

I'd just like to echo what you said about Branwen - I had her in China in 2014 and she is wonderful. One of the loveliest, most positive people I've ever met.  You are lucky to have her a second time!

All the best,

Bob

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi must back up what Di and Bob added that Branwen was extremely good on our Vietnam Tour in 2015 and when I lost my sd card with all my pictures on it she went to great lengths to help, can we have Hai pls too

Dave

Dina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Bob

Lovely to hear from you.

Yes, I can remember after you came back from China and before I went to Vietnam you asked me to say "nee how" to Branwen and to see if she remembered you.

Hope that your Azores trip is great. I have looked at it mainly from the whale watching point of view but

I am hoping that Ethiopia will appear as a JY tour soon.

Best wishes

Di

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Di,

Many thanks for your kind words - I'm very much looking forward to the Azores with its beautiful scenery and here's hoping we strike it lucky and see some whales!  I saw some from the shore at Hermanus but our boat trip was cancelled in Iceland, due to the weather so fingers crossed!  

I too am hoping for Ethiopia but if it appears it probably won't be for a while - there is a state of emergency there at the moment, due to political upheaval and conflict unfortunately.

I probably won't be doing a JY tour next year (I may however do a Trav tour to the Canadian Rockies) but I do hope to do Romania in 2020!!

All the best,

Bob

Dina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Bob

Thank you for the info. regarding the sate of emergency in Ethiopia, because I didn't know. Have checked it all out now though. I had seen an interesting Ethiopia trip with another company, which has a solos departure date for late next year, which I had been contemplating if JY didn't offer something similar. Contemplation now over!

Happy travelling wherever you go and who ever you go with

Di

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Di

I have not yet had Branwen as a Tour Manager so am looking forward to meeting her. It looks as if we are in for a treat!

Regards

Jaya

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Di and Jaya, 

Be sure to say "minglabar" to Branwen from me!

Cheers,

Bob

ksf1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Dina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Keith

At least 4 of us are staying at the PI 15 Bath Rd the night before this holiday.

I think that we are going to have our evening meal there at about 7.30 (Dave is going to book it at some point).

You and any other JY Burma travellers will be welcome to join us.

I am thinking that Dave (Abbadave) and Jaya may well respond to your post, too-if they haven't already.

Look forward to meeting you and the rest of our group on what should be a wonderful holiday, can't wait.

Kind Regards

Di

Hi Vickie

Is Branwen still our TM and is she travelling with us from LHR, please could you advise.

Thanks, 

Di

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Di,

Yep, Branwen is your TM and she'll be travelling with you from LHR.

Thanks,

Vickie

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi.Keith

Looking forward to meeting you

Yes if your stopping over as early flight we are staying at premier inn bath road rooms cheap at min for the 11th ur welcome to join us for dinner or if your travelling by national express by any chance we're arriving there around 5 - 5.30.to get the free bus to PI

Regards

Dave

Dina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Vickie

It will be good to have Branwen again as TM and better still is the fact that she is travelling from LHR with us.

Thank you for the info. and have a good day.

Regards

Di

Dina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Bob,  if you happen to read  this.

I have just reread this thread and yes, I am sure Jaya or I or perhaps Dave will say "minglabar" to Branwen for you. Am just hoping "minglabar" means hello!

Kind regards

Di

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Keith

Looking forward to meeting you. Do join us for dinner if you are staying at the Premier Inn the night before.

Bob, sure will remember to say Minglabar to Branwen. I am going to write it down so I do not forget. I have not had Branwen before as TM so am looking forward to meeting her as have heard lots of good things about her.

Regards

Jaya

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jaya and Di,

Many thanks - and don't worry you are quite safe saying "minglabar" and it does mean hello! 

All the best, 

Bob

ksf1
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Hello wrote:

;) Hi Keith

At least 4 of us are staying at the PI 15 Bath Rd the night before this holiday.

I think that we are going to have our evening meal there at about 7.30 (Dave is going to book it at some point).

You and any other JY Burma travellers will be welcome to join us.

I am thinking that Dave (Abbadave) and Jaya may well respond to your post, too-if they haven't already.

Look forward to meeting you and the rest of our group on what should be a wonderful holiday, can't wait.

Kind Regards

Di

Hi Vickie

Is Branwen still our TM and is she travelling with us from LHR, please could you advise.

Thanks, 

Di

ksf1
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Hello Dave, wrote:

Hi.Keith

Looking forward to meeting you

Yes if your stopping over as early flight we are staying at premier inn bath road rooms cheap at min for the 11th ur welcome to join us for dinner or if your travelling by national express by any chance we're arriving there around 5 - 5.30.to get the free bus to PI

Regards

Dave