sallyc
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Amy

Could you please give me the usual statistics for the June departure to the Azores.

Thanks

Sally

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Sally,

I can tell you that 17 travelers are booked on this tour. 3 are male and 14 are female. The ages range between late 40s - early 80s (however, my system isn't pulling through all this data).

Kindest Regards,

Amy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Amy,

Has a TM been appointed yet?

Best wishes,

Bob

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Bob,

A TM has been appointed - Maria Filomena Da Cunha Henriques De Lima

Kindest Regards,

Amy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Many thanks Amy, much appreciated!

All the best,

Bob

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Vickie, could we have an update on numbers for this tour please? 

Best wishes, 

Bob

Vickie
(Member)
Morning Bob,

Sure, there's 20 people booked on now, 5 men and 15 women.

Thanks,

Vickie

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Many thanks Vickie - and a belated welcome to the forum!

A nice sized group, excellent! 

All the best,

Bob

Vickie
(Member)
Thanks Bob, great to be here! 🙂
SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi All

Despite the many names of your TM, this is Filomena Lima who is, I believe, the only Portuguese TM. She looked after us very well in Cuba a few years ago and lately in the washed out trip to Portugal!

I love the Azores, enjoy.

Regards

Sylvia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Sylvia,

That's good to know about our TM - I'm really looking forward to this trip.  Hope the weather cooperates (and the whales!).

All the best,

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Have a great trip and hope you get to see the whales. Looking forward to reading your review.

Kind regards

Jaya

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Jaya, I will certainly write a review as it's my only JY tour this year.  Unless, of course, someone else beats me to it!

Best wishes,

Bob

sallyc
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Vickie

I was hoping to select my seat on my forthcoming flight to Ponta Delgado with Ryanair as their new policy means that unless you pay £4 extra you will only get a middle seat which I hate. Although I already have my PNR but in order to check in it needs an email address which made the booking. Are you able to find out for me what this would be? Also, a quick update on numbers would be very much appreciated for the June departure.

Many thanks

Sally

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Sally,

Sorry, I'm not 100% sure what you're after - do you want to know the email address that was used to make your holiday booking?

Numbers-wise, there are now 19 people booked, 7 men and 12 women. Their ages range from early 30's to mid 80's.

Thanks,

Vickie

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Vickie,

I am in the same situation as Sally - and all of us on this holiday will be - we need to check in online with Ryanair.  Their new rules mean we can check in up to two months in advance if we pay a small fee and we can also choose our seat.  The new rules take effect on 13 June - and we fly just after this!  If we do not do this, we can only check in up to 48 hours beforehand; obviously I would prefer to do this before I go away, rather than trying to do this on my phone while I'm in the Azores for the return flight(s).  I have the added complication that my connecting flights to Stansted are also with Ryanair, so I have to check in online for four flights with them!

The problem is, when you go to check in online, after putting in the flight reference, you have to put in your email address - which it will not accept, as this was not the email that made the booking.  What we need from JY is guidance as to how we check in online with Ryanair - either by giving us the email address you use, or finding another way for us to check in!

I hope I have explained this well....

Best wishes,

Bob

sallyc
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Vickie

Apologies for the confusion. Ryanair have changed their rules regarding check-in:-

- A fee of £55 will be charged for anyone wishing to check in at the airport and not online

- Check in online for non-assigned seats is only available 48 hours before the flight. This would mean a charge for the return flight unless you have the ability to access wifi overseas.

- seating policy means that if you do not have an assigned seat you will be allocated the centre seat of 3.

- assigned seating is available on payment of £4. Once this is done check in is available 2 months in advance.

- in order to purchase an assigned seat you need to log in using your PNR and the email address which booking confirmation was sent to

- this applies to existing bookings on flights from 13th June onwards

I would like to pre-book my seat so that I don’t get a centre seat and so that I don’t get charged £55 to check in at the airport on my trip home.

Hope that doesn’t confuse you even more!

Sally

Vickie
(Member)
Hi guys,

OK, I know what you mean now - apologies! So the email you need to use is:

Flights.travelsphere+A……@outlook.com

The A… is your booking ref - so everyone's will be different.

If you have any futher problems with it, please call our Services team on 01858 581 713 and they can talk you through it.

Thanks,

Vickie

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Many thanks Vickie, that is really helpful!  Will JY be letter all customers know, who are booked with Ryanair?  Otherwise there could be a lot of confusion and annoyance!

Best wishes,

Bob

sallyc
(Member) (Topic Starter)