Jillw2
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'm booked on the holiday to Cuba next Monday. I live in rural Suffolk. At the moment my road is blocked in both directions and although I've booked to travel by train, no local trains have been running since last Monday.  I still hope to travel to Gatwick on Sunday but am not confident on the trains. What are my options if I can't get there?

Jil

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jill

I have been sent the following details from our customer services team:

Due to the extreme weather conditions being experienced throughout the UK many flights have been delayed or cancelled. We are monitoring our flights which are due to depart in the next few days and will contact any customers if we are informed of any change to their flight arrangements.

At this time, our hope is that all our holidays will depart as planned, should any customer wish to cancel their holiday prior to departure, the cancellation charges as set out in our booking conditions will apply.

Unless advised differently customers should allow extra time to get to the airport, check with the status of public transport or road networks if driving. If the flight is going ahead and customers are unable to get to the airport, due to the adverse weather conditions, please notify us immediately. In such situations should customers be unable to get to the airport, they should contact their travel Insurance provider for advice in relation to making a claim under the missed departure cover.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Jillw2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Jill

I have been sent the following details from our customer services team:

Due to the extreme weather conditions being experienced throughout the UK many flights have been delayed or cancelled. We are monitoring our flights which are due to depart in the next few days and will contact any customers if we are informed of any change to their flight arrangements.  

At this time, our hope is that all our holidays will depart as planned, should any customer wish to cancel their holiday prior to departure, the cancellation charges as set out in our booking conditions will apply.

Unless advised differently customers should allow extra time to get to the airport, check with the status of public transport or road networks if driving. If the flight is going ahead and customers are unable to get to the airport, due to the adverse weather conditions, please notify us immediately. In such situations should customers be unable to get to the airport, they should contact their travel Insurance provider  for advice in relation to making a claim under the missed departure cover.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Jillw2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia,

Thank you for the info. I am going to do my best to get there. I'm expecting to have to wear winter gear ie jacket and boots at least. If I take an extra small bag to put it all in (I'm allowed two hold luggages), would it be possible to leave it at the hotel in Havana until our return at the end of the tour? Clearly I can't take it on the internal flight.

Jill

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jill

Hope the roads clear and the trains are running so you do not miss your Cuba holiday. Hopefully all the snow will be gone by Monday - well this is what I am wishing and hoping.

Best wishes

Jaya

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Jill,

I would not risk leaving any luggage at the hotel in Cuba as the hotel would not accept any responsibility if anything were to happen to your luggage.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Taylor1907
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi Jill,

I would not risk leaving any luggage at the hotel in Cuba as the hotel would not accept any responsibility if anything were to happen to your luggage.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Could you leave it at the airport in a locker? Worth investigating??

SarahS
(Member)
I’ve left luggage with hotel,concierges around the world. The condition is always at guest’s risk. Obviously no one would dream of leaving valuables, but providing unwanted items are in a locked case, and a receipt is given, I personally would take the chance. The cost of the alternative of carrying heavy outerwear on the internal flight could well exceed the cost of replacement clothing if the worst happens.