BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Amy/Julia,

A while back a JY friend of mine was told by a holiday advisor that JY/TS were planning on lowering the numbers needed for a tour to run - has this policy been implemented yet?  From my point of view, I think this would be a great help in giving us more confidence when we book, that the tour is more likely to run or even definitely to run.  I know the minimum number for a tour varies, but I think it is usually in the region of 10-12?  I would be quite happy to travel with a smaller group if it meant that a particular tour would definitely run!  It all goes back to the age old problem many of us have when we book our holidays, in that we have to block off the time well in advance and having to change holiday dates can cause major problems for many of us.

Best wishes,

Bob

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay - I've been out of the office and this one was not one of the regular questions for Amy to answer.

You are right that the minimum numbers required to run each tour does vary and we are always looking at ways to ensure that we don’t disappoint our customers.

Our team have been carefully reviewing our 2018 dates over the past few weeks and I’m delighted to state that they have already cleared a third of departures to operate as planned and this number is increasing daily!

Kindest regards,

Jules

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia,

That is good to know - I see from the new TS brochure that they are guaranteeing all departures but I can't find the details of this (it's hard to view the T&CS online and my hard copy hasn't arrived yet!).  Is it likely that JY may go down the same route?

Best wishes,

Bob

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Julia,

Out of interest, are you able to tell us what the minimum numbers on a tours are? or will you be adding this information to the details online.

Thanks

Kezzer

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob/Kezzer

Whether or not Just You takes a similar route to Travelsphere has not yet been decided. While we are sister companies, we are separate companies. That said, the team will endeavour to take learnings from the new Travelsphere proposition.

In terms of minimum numbers - for those tours that have already been cleared to operate - there is no minimum... they will go ahead whether there are 8, 18 or 28 travellers booked. We are hoping that by confirming these dates early on, it will give people the confidence to book when they are ready without waiting for that magic number to be reached.

Kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia,

Many thanks for that clarification and it's good to know that tours are being cleared earlier and with lower numbers!  Trying to get my holidays sorted for next year has been quite a stressful business recently and, going forward, it is helpful to know that tours are likely to be cleared to run, sooner rather than later.

All the best,

Bob

00Susanna00
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay - I've been out of the office and this one was not one of the regular questions for Amy to answer.

You are right that the minimum numbers required to run each tour does vary and we are always looking at ways to ensure that we don’t disappoint our customers.

Our team have been carefully reviewing our 2018 dates over the past few weeks and I’m delighted to state that they have already cleared a third of departures to operate as planned and this number is increasing daily!

Kindest regards,

Jules

Hi Jules,

I have booked for 'Western Wonders', departing May 2018. I am hoping that this might be one of the tours that has already been cleared. Any news??

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Susanna,

This tour hasn't been reviewed yet, but I can advise you that my colleague is feeling quietly optimistic about this trip.

Kindest regards

Jules

00Susanna00
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Susanna,

This tour hasn't been reviewed yet, but I can advise you that my colleague is feeling quietly optimistic about this trip.

Kindest regards

Jules

Okay, thanks - I will keep my fingers crossed!

Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have just found out by telephoning JY that the trip I had booked for January is cancelled due to lack of numbers. This means finding an alternative at this stage very difficult. Frustrating! With no new brochure there is no way of booking again with JY
SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi All

My recent trip to the National Parks 13-29 September had 40 travellers plus TM and driver. This group was far too large especially as there was a Travelsphere group doing a similar holiday on the same dates. So, the maximum number needs to be tweaked too, 20-30 is better.

Regards

Sylvia

Avocet64
(Member)
I agree with Sylvia, I did the National Parks and Little Big Horn holiday a few years ago, there were 38 of us, never again. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the places we visited, but it put me off the USA and big groups forever.

Avocet

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I also agree that these large number tours are just too much! If I had known beforehand that there were going to be 40 on my Xmas/New Year trip this year, I would have cancelled, but I have already paid for it. With that number it means that we are not going to be very comfortable travelling, and also it will take much longer to get on and off the coach etc. etc. 

Please JY - listen to us, and put a realistic maximum on these tours! This has definitely put me off booking with you for next year I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Hils

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Yes I agree too.  My Croatia trip had 40 travellers and you don't get to meet everyone plus it takes ages getting on and off the coach
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
With large groups it also takes ages to use the loos, especially as ladies outnumber the men!

Jaya

SarahL
(Member)
I went on The Great Eastern USA tour in August and there were 28 travellers which was just right.