sjm533
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Do you have to change the departure airport for a tour very often, for reasons other than the airline making the decision?

I want to make a reservation for a tour from Heathrow, but if the airport was changed to Gatwick (there is a departure from there on the same day as well) after I had booked, I would not want to go.  I can get to Heathrow very easily, but not Gatwick.

Are there many airport changes?

Sylvia

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sylvia,

I have just spoken to our aviation manager about this one.

It is a rarity that we would change airport from the one that has been brochured.

I understand that could happen if an airline withdraws the route, or changes the flight times which would significantly impact on the itinerary, however, the team look at alternative flight options from the original airport before taking this step.

Kindest regards,

Julia

sjm533
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Sylvia,

I have just spoken to our aviation manager about this one.

It is a rarity that we would change airport from the one that has been brochured.

I understand that could happen if an airline withdraws the route, or changes the flight times which would significantly impact on the itinerary, however, the team look at alternative flight options from the original airport before taking this step.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia,

Before I moved LHR and GTW were both easy - now Gatwick is pain to get to.  However, having done a bit more research I have found that there is a frequent National Express service between the two, so the situation is not as bad as I thought.

In fairness, I have to admit that I have never seen any post on the forum regarding a change of airport.  No matter what we plan we are always at the mercy of the airlines!

Will book at the end of October when my current annual travel insurance runs out and i have got the new one.

Thanks for the reassurance.

Sylvia