Peter G
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Julia/Mildred                                                                                                                                                  I am trying to decide where to go next year.

Could you tell me if anyone has booked  for An Adventure through Central America  (13th Feb 2018) or Borneo with Singapore add-on ((17th May 2018) ? If so how many etc?  I appreciate there are several months before  the dates .I went to Costa Rica  earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed the abundance of wildlife and have heard good reviews of Borneo.

Peter

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Peter

good to hear from you, personally I would choose Borneo as An Adventure through Central America will cover about a week in Costa Rica which you've done so recently so i'd push that one on a bit and is a tour i'd like to do at some point, bit like Contrasts of South America when a week or so covers Peru where I have already been to, Peru with Amazon is also another tour well worth doing but I did it with Travelsphere as slightly longer tour

all the best

Dave

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Peter

Go for Borneo. As Dave says you have recently visited Costa Rica so can do Central America at a later date. You will like Borneo.

Regards

Jaya

Peter G
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jaya and Dave

Thanks or your advice. I have almost decided to go for Borneo but the Central America trip is still tempting. I have always wanted to see the Panama canal and railway.We visit a different part of Costa Rica. The only repeat section is Managua and Granada. As the trip is relatively expensive I am concerned that it could soon be dropped.

Julia/Mildred. I have not received a reply to my question regarding numbers booked for Borneo (17th May) and Central America (13th Feb)

Peter

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Peter,

I'm afraid I disagree with my former holiday companions Dave and Jaya!  I did enjoy Borneo and Singapore and, like you, I have done Costa Rica and Nicaragua.  You will not get that close to the wildlife in Borneo as you will be in a boat in the river and the orang-utans/monkeys/birds will be high up in the trees and therefore at quite a distance.  In Costa Rica you get much closer to the wildlife.  Also, Borneo is proving very popular and will probably be on the programme for a few years yet, whereas the Central America tour is new and as far as I can see, it has been selling quite slowly so may not be around for very long.  Finally, the Central America tour itinerary looks amazing and I would love to do myself - you would visit different parts of Costa Rica than you visited previously and the only overlap would be a couple of days in Nicaragua (presuming it is the JY tour that you did).  Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Bob

Moderator2
(Member)
'Peter G' wrote:

Hi Jaya and Dave

Thanks or your advice. I have almost decided to go for Borneo but the Central America trip is still tempting. I have always wanted to see the Panama canal and railway.We visit a different part of Costa Rica. The only repeat section is Managua and Granada. As the trip is relatively expensive I am concerned that it could soon be dropped.

Julia/Mildred. I have not received a reply to my question regarding numbers booked for Borneo (17th May) and Central America (13th Feb)

Peter

Good Afternoon Peter,

There is currently 1 traveller booked on the Wild Borneo tour for 17th May 2018.

There are 10 travellers currently booked on the Central America tour for the 14th Feb 2018.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Peter G
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have just booked for A Journey Through Central America on February 13th 2018. The outward and homeward journeys appear to be night flights via Bogota Colombia and so is one day longer - well a couple of hours anyway.

Is anyone else on the Community going on this date.? There are now 12 people going out of 14 places including 2 men.

I am still considering going to Borneo in May

Peter

katy1717
(Member)
Hello Peter, 

Looks as if the journey through Central America is a popular tour at the moment, I see the first 2 are already nearly fully booked.  

I was looking as this one (among others) and am still interested but have now booked the India trip with Amritsar add on for next February.  I was put off Central America by the changing planes, think it was originally in Newark, now see its Bogota, it also cost a lot more than India and my last JY experience in Central America was not without issues which I didn't think were satisfactorily addressed.  So decided to hold fire and wait for the reviews.

Please do write how you get on with this tour.

Borneo seems a well established tour, but have to say this hasn't been something on my wish list. Have done Burma with JY and going to Cambodia, Laos and VIetnam in November (not JY), so after India I want to look at China and Sri Lanka in Asia.  

Katy