Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Rose,

I completely understand- Canada and the Rocky Mountaineer is a fantastic choice.

On both dates, we can take up to 40 travellers. There are currently no travellers booked on the 4th but there is 1 traveller currently booked on the 25th September 2018. It is still very early days so you have time to decide.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rose,

Please don't worry about long haul flights - I've lost count of the number I've done in recent years and until 2011 I'd hardly done any!  Most of them are overnight flights and even if they're not you will no doubt find that the time passes more quickly than you imagine.  Usually after an hour or so in the air, a meal is served and then a while after this (on night time flights), the lights are dimmed and people try to sleep - you are given a small pillow and a rug.  About an hour and a half before landing you get a second meal.  Most airlines also come around every hour or so offering water or orange juice and you can always ask for a drink if they don't come around.  I usually bring a book or magazine - many people bring an ipad/Kindle or listen to music on their phone these days.  Virtually all airlines have individual monitors on the back of the seat in front which have a wide variety of films, tv shows, documentaries and music to keep you occupied also.  I consider the flight to be a means to an end and once I get to my destination in one piece I'm happy!  Some JY customers upgrade to premium economy or business but I have never done this - as far as I'm concerned it's about the cost of another holiday!  Finally, I suggest that on all long haul flights over 4 1/2 hours you wear flight socks to minimise the risk of a DVT - this is what my GP recommends.  I also find that although they are a bit hot to wear, that your legs are fresher after the flight than if you do not wear them.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bob

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rose, glad to have been able to help and I hadn't noticed that you hadn't replied - I post too often to chase them all up!!!

Hope you do decide to book and have a fantastic time,

All the best,

Bob