Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mildred.

I do not mean any disrespect to yourself, but it seems that every time I go on the website, holidays have disappeared.  :s   Magical Mallorca, Lisbon Coast, are just 2 examples.  The Escape Holidays seem to be suffering in particular.  As I have mentioned , holidays are listed in the wrong country (and I have given examples before), there are 2 links for Tours and Touring (one of which doesn't work), and the same for Rivers, and River Cruises.  All very confusing.

I have helped run a website, albeit on a far smaller scale, and I recognise how difficult it must be when updates etc are in flux, but really it is a mess at the moment in my opinion, and difficult to negotiate.  I truly hope things will settle down soon. 

I wish JY could go back to one big brochure in September, and then small updates.  I do not like small pamphlets throughout the year. 

Sorry.  :huh:

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Bosuncat,

I hope you are having a good day so far.

Our web team are aware of issues on the website and are on top of it.

I am pleased to tell you that Magical Mallorca and Lisbon will both be appearing in the December/January brochure.

The reason we don't do the one big September brochure is because we have new tours coming out at that time and we want to give it more space to stand out.

Things will settle down soon.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Mildred.

I hope it does settle down soon.

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am so glad that Magical Mallorca is happening again next year. I went on this holiday in Sept and thought it was great. Can't wait to see what the next brochure has in store for next summer.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Elaine

I actually prefer to browse the brochures as I find this easier than browsing the website. I tried a couple of times, but then gave up. With a brochure you can browse at leisure anytime.

Jaya

SarahS
(Member)
I agree.  The new brochure regime is making it harder to plan my next holidays.  Do I book now, or wait until the next full brochure comes out?  Have all the new long haul  tours for 2017 been published,  or are there more to come?  I have also noticed that some holidays and dates are missing from the website. Notably  from the Iceland  holidays.  I have been told the April date has been cancelled, and the June date has also disappeared.  There seems to be very little  correlation between published and Internet information.  I do hope this can be sorted out soon.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I could be wrong and JY may have changed their practice but from memory a few new tours are usually launched in the May brochure, with the bulk of them launched in Sept.  Most existing tours get departures for the following year in May and those that are being tweaked or revamped appear in Sept. The Jan brochure usually just has a very few new tours, perhaps a couple of cruises or special departures etc.  Perhaps they are changing this practice.  My own view is that JY have launched too many new tours but I hope that they will all be successful.  We now have too much choice - perhaps a good complaint to have!  I would prefer a full brochure in Sept, as at present I am going from the May one to the Sept supplements and back again.  I much prefer brochures to viewing the tours online although I do realise that I need to look online to see if a tour is still being offered and if the price has changed!

All the best,

Bob