SandraV
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there

Can you please confirm the minimum number of people required for the October 2017 Highlights of Persia trip to go ahead?

Many thanks

Sandra

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sandra,

it's too early to commit to a minimum number yet as this tour has only been on sale for a couple of weeks, but given that there are 4 travellers already booked on this date, the team are feeling optimistic.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Angie S
(Member)
Hi Sandra,

I think you are the first person on the forum to show some real interest in the Iran trip for 2017. I acknowledge there are others that fancy it but for various reasons have said they will not be doing anytime soon. 

I personally think 4 people going at this stage is a really good number; I feared the answer would be nil!  I have been eyeing up this particular date and have actually been authorised the days off work.  I think I will be booking this weekend.  Come and join us.

Angie

SandraV
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you for the responses.

I'm so glad 4 other people have booked.

I'm literally waiting until I get paid on 25th October to pay my deposit and I'm very excited already.

Iran has been off the tourist map for such a long time, so it's good to see it available now.

It also gives me a year to buy some suitable clothing and headscarves!

SandraV
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I guess that we will not know who the tour guide will be for Iran yet?
Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon SandraV,

Unfortunately it is too early to say at this point. My apologies

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I would like to do this trip one day, but not for the next couple of years so hope it will still be on offer. Do write a review on your return as I am very interested to know how the trip went.

Jaya

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I would dearly love to do this tour but the fact that you'd need a full US visa to go to the States afterwards is making me put this on the long finger for the time being, as there are several US tours I'd like to do over the next three or four years.  Here's hoping the Iran tour will be around for a long time to come, or the US relax their ESTA rules (unlikely!).

Please do write a review on your return.

All the best,

Bob

Angie S
(Member)
That's me booked for Iran Oct 2017.  Tours go in May and September so would be interestng to hear from others.

Must admit I put myself on a bit of a guilt trip at the point of booking...doing two big holidays next year. But hey ho :shy:

Angie

SandraV
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Angie S' wrote:

Hi Sandra,

I think you are the first person on the forum to show some real interest in the Iran trip for 2017. I acknowledge there are others that fancy it but for various reasons have said they will not be doing anytime soon. 

I personally think 4 people going at this stage is a really good number; I feared the answer would be nil!  I have been eyeing up this particular date and have actually been authorised the days off work.  I think I will be booking this weekend.  Come and join us.

Angie

Hi Angie

I've booked my place on the Iran October 2017 trip.

Did you book in the end?

Sandra

SandraV
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for your comments.

I've booked my place on the October 2017 Iran trip now.

Only a year to wait................

SandraV
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Angie S' wrote:

That's me booked for Iran Oct 2017.  Tours go in May and September so would be interestng to hear from others.

Must admit I put myself on a bit of a guilt trip at the point of booking...doing two big holidays next year. But hey ho :shy:

Angie

Hi Angie

Did you tick the visa box for Just You to arrange the visa?

Sandra

Angie S
(Member)
That's great Sandra you've booked too.

I'm just letting JY do it seeing as I believe it can be a drawn out affair in some instances. I have enough hassles at work without going home to them. Are you going to do it yourself? I've read some people online saying it's not a problem.

I tend to just let JY do the work when it comes to visas. I really think however I should try it myself sometime. I read more and more that others do it themselves.

I'm sure this far in advance it would be OK. Let me know what you decided - I'm curious.

Angie

Angie S
(Member)
Hello Sandra,

As you know we are no longer direct and are now Turkish Airlines via Instanbul.  I've had to re-jig my domestic flights and I've just noticed on my itinerary that despite this being a 9 day holiday my documents have me flying back from Tehran on the 10th day (depart 14th and arrive in London 23rd October).  If I'm working this out right, something is not quite right.   I've flagged with JY but just thought I'd mention if you want to check your documents. 

Angie

SandraV
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Angie S' wrote:

Hello Sandra,

As you know we are no longer direct and are now Turkish Airlines via Instanbul.  I've had to re-jig my domestic flights and I've just noticed on my itinerary that despite this being a 9 day holiday my documents have me flying back from Tehran on the 10th day (depart 14th and arrive in London 23rd October).  If I'm working this out right, something is not quite right.   I've flagged with JY but just thought I'd mention if you want to check your documents. 

Angie

Hi Angie

I saw your other posts regarding the flights etc for this trip.

I'm quite cross that we are not flying direct.

Not only will I have to take an extra day off work because we now get back later than scheduled on the Monday, but given the current situation in Istanbul that's the last airport I particularly want to be hanging around on the runway.

That said, I will still go, as I've waited a while to go to Iran.

Embassy trip next - must get a proper headscarf before then.....