stevep1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia

I feel the decision not to tell people the group information is a bad one as this can help people to make a decision whether to go on a trip or not. It as helped me in the past, and I also feel that it could result in the loss of business to yourselves

Steve

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Steve,

We are still able to tell you the age ranges on any holiday as we are aware that this is a big factor. We are just unable to share how many people are booked on a specific tour.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

penny carter
(Member)
'stevep1' wrote:

Hi Julia

I feel the decision not to tell people the group information is a bad one as this can help people to make a decision whether to go on a trip or not. It as helped me in the past, and I also feel that it could result in the loss of business to yourselves

Steve

Hi Julia,

I agree with Steve. It does seem an odd decision to make and with no reason given as to why. I hope you will still let people know about group ages/gender etc. when asked. It doesn't bother me personally although I'm always interested to know, but I know this is an issue that concerns some people so hopefully this won't change.

Kind regards

Penny

Bosuncat
(Member)
I couldn't agree more with Steve.  (By the way I never saw the announcement, and had to be told by another Forum member whom I am in contact with, whereabouts it was!).

In my opinion numbers is a vital part of judging whether a holiday may, or may not run or not.  Although I do not work now I still have to book pretty far in advance of a holiday departure.  For people who work of course it is far worse.  Things like overnight hotels for airports (necessary even more now, that JY have cut the number of regional departures), have to be booked pretty far in advance to gain a decent price.  There is also, for those of us that cannot drive, travel arrangements to be made. 

We need a guide to how bookings are going, and this has been taken away from us as I see it.  😠

evelynj
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi Steve,

We are still able to tell you the age ranges on any holiday as we are aware that this is a big factor. We are just unable to share how many people are booked on a specific tour.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Hi Mildred

I have seen the announcement regarding this but Just You have not explained why you can no longer provide this information. This is not good communication.

Perhaps you can explain.  Does this also mean you will no longer put on the website how many places left on a holiday?

Regards

Eve

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Steve,

I booked on the Yorkshire Dales trip last year in September for the June trip. By Christmas, I found out that my daughter had bought me a ticket for Russell Watson when I was supposed to be up North. Managed to get it changed to September where there were 30 of us, 21 women to 9 men, aged from 50's to 80's. I was one of the youngest at 59 and the weakest link. An old knee injury gave me so much pain that I did not do the last days walk.

What made it worse was that Russell Watson cancelled his concert on that day 😞 

I have never had a problem with ages or gender gap. Love my Just You holidays 🙂 

Jan

SarahS
(Member)
The number of people already booked on a tour is a very useful indicator of whether or not it will get the green light. I would be really upset  if i  booked and then found the tour wasn't going ahead. Conversely, I have often been spurred on to book by hearing only a few  places remain.
Eljay
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi Steve,

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Sorry but I think this is just another example of Just You's lack of interest or concern in their customers. Having been informed a holiday I was booked on was cancelled only when I phoned to make my final payment, I wouldn't want to repeat this experience. I think Steve is right, you will lose custom. I was on the verge of not using JY again. But definitely won't now

Jill1602
(Member)
I agree with Steve . Sorry Just you I think it's a mistake not to allow customers this information.
Ev Curtis
(Member)
I agree with Steve. If a person feels more comfortable in a larger group (or a smaller one) then as a customer we are entitled to know the number going. To actually turn up for a holiday and be disappointed is awful.
Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I'd be grateful if you could explain exactly why you are withdrawing this information? Some of us have to book internal flights/airport hotels/airport car parking etc, and therefore need to constantly check the numbers of our booked holiday, to ensure that there are sufficient numbers for the holiday to be given the green light. In order to get the best possible rates, we need to book as early as possible - I have been looking at hotel rates for March of next year, and the rates are going up daily! I'm not that bothered about Male/Female split or ages, but numbers matter!

Cheers,

Hils

SamanthaC
(Member)
'stevep1' wrote:

Hi Julia

[...] I feel the decision not to tell people the group information is a bad one [...]

Perhaps it was based on JY not wanting to raise expectations, but then the stats change through further bookings or cancellations? Just sayin'  :-)

Best wishes

Sam

Moderator2
(Member)
'evelynj' wrote:

'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi Steve,

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Hi Mildred

I have seen the announcement regarding this but Just You have not explained why you can no longer provide this information. This is not good communication.

Perhaps you can explain.  Does this also mean you will no longer put on the website how many places left on a holiday?

Regards

Eve

Hi Eve,

As far as I know, there has been no change to the websites functionality so I don't think there will be any changes as to what is displayed on the website. That might change but I don't have that information yet.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Moderator2
(Member)
'Rose1999' wrote:

I know it's not your decision Mildred, but I just wondered what the rationale behind this is?  

I can't see the harm in saying how many people in total are going, some of us prefer a big group and some a small group, others just want an idea of numbers so they can tell if the trip will be going ahead.  

Maybe we could be told just the total number, not the breakdown of M/F, for me the number of people who will be on a trip is more important to me than their gender or ages as I know that if they're on the trip they will likely have the same interest as me whatever their age or gender.

Can JY reconsider this policy? As I said, I know it's nothing of your doing Mildred (or the other Mods) but could you put it to them please, it's a decision that's been made without any reference to the customers and their wishes.

Thanks

Rose x

Good Morning Rose,

I understand that this is a very frustrating change but I can assure you that we will all be monitoring all your posts regarding this change very closely.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Moderator2
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

The number of people already booked on a tour is a very useful indicator of whether or not it will get the green light. I would be really upset  if i  booked and then found the tour wasn't going ahead. Conversely, I have often been spurred on to book by hearing only a few  places remain.

Good Morning SarahS,

If you request it, I will be able to tell you if a specific tour has been given the green light.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mildred,

As you no doubt saw from my other post I agree with all the above comments.  Regarding what you said to Eve about the website, I've been keeping a close eye on the Chile tour as I'm booked on it for next year.  When the new website was launched, it used to indicate the number of available spaces once it dropped below 15.  However, the availability on the March date for the Chile tour has been showing as "available" until a couple of days ago and it suddenly changed to "sold out" - so it looks like the functionality of this has been disabled.  Perhaps someone could look into this as it was a most helpful feature for the reasons others have already mentioned.

Best wishes,

Bob

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi

my input is that some chief wig sat upstairs fiddling with their brains as to what changes i can come up with this month, just like with any business really, it doesn't really bother me how many are on a tour just that it isn't going to be cancelled, as JY see it people are reluctant to book tours with hardly any bookings so i do see where JY are coming from as someone has to be the first, second, third booking etc, it's a little like when you go out in an evening and poke your head in pub windows then bypass that paticular pub or bar when you see it almost empty so a lot of pubs blank out the bottom half of windows to combat this

it's not your fault Mildred your just following what you've been told to tell us, a case of 'don't shoot the messenger'

maybe JY would just like to replace this with a green light or a red light besides each booking page, just a thought from me

regards

Dave

gill54
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

'SarahS' wrote:

Good Morning SarahS,

If you request it, I will be able to tell you if a specific tour has been given the green light.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Does the new policy include TS holidays too.  As a single traveller I often use them. I'm not particularly bothered about being the only single on a trip but would have asked the question how many in total are on a particular TS trip.

Gill

SarahS
(Member)
JY is my preferred tour operator, but if maximum group numbers cannot be disclosed at time of booking I will have to rethink. At this point in time, other operators are happy to provide this information.
AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi

following on from my previous post, i agree with Hils as i also have to book Coaches, Trains and Hotels but touch wood so far i havn't had a cancelled tour and i take my chances anyway, i don't suppose JY would consider refunding us for these if a tour was cancelled, NO, certainly not, also many of us have to book our Leave from work many months in advance as well

Regards

Dave