SKW2962
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)

Hi,

So with only a month to go, a few questions please:

-         The usual - numbers, M/F breakdown etc.?

-         TM, assuming he/she is flying from Gatwick?

-         Dinners, I note there are 5 included (I’m presuming in the hotel) can you tell me which two nights are not included, where we will be, as it would be good to plan ahead with a few options reviewed before going?

-         One a bit more convoluted – is there anyone flying from Birmingham? Here’s why (if my flight times are correct) – I fly in from Bristol arriving 15:50, Gatwick people arrive 17:15, adding getting luggage etc. just over 1½ hours to wait which is not too onerous. However, Birmingham people will not arrive until 19:00 that will be more like a 3½ hour wait. So, if there are Birmingham people, can you tell me if there are any plans to transport Bristol or Bristol/Gatwick people to the hotel (only about 50 minutes away) leaving Birmingham people to follow on later? If not, I will probably look at making plans to go into Nice instead of sitting at the airport.

Thank you

Sandy

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Morning Sandy,

I apologise for the delayed response.

Sadly, we no longer share details of the number of travellers already booked on a tour but rest assured you won’t be on your own. On many tours we can take up to 30 travellers, sometimes the group size will be smaller and to some destinations it may be slightly larger but I can tell you that this tour is fully booked!

Days 5 and 6 are on a bed and breakfast basis therefore no dinner on these evenings, all included dinners are at the hotel Villa Elisa.

The tour manager for this tour is Penny Jones. The Tour Manager is flying with the main group from Gatwick.

With regards to the flights, we will be arranging separate transfers for all 3 flights as we do not leave it more than 1 hour for our customers to wait.

10/10/16

Transfer 1 – 11 customers on BA2622 arriving at 10.40 – Separate transfer with the Tour Manager

Transfer 2 – 7 customers on EZY6113 arriving at 15.50 – Separate transfer, an airport rep will meet this flight.

Transfer 3 – 7 customers on ZB466 arriving at 19.05 – Separate transfer, an airport rep will meet this flight.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Jellifer
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Morning Sandy,

Sadly, we no longer share details of the number of travellers already booked on a tour but rest assured you won’t be on your own. On many tours we can take up to 30 travellers, sometimes the group size will be smaller and to some destinations it may be slightly larger but I can tell you that this tour is fully booked!

Days 5 and 6 are on a bed and breakfast basis therefore no dinner on these evenings, all included dinners are at the hotel Villa Elisa.

The tour manager for this tour is Penny Jones. The Tour Manager is flying with the main group from Gatwick.

With regards to the flights, we will be arranging separate transfers for all 3 flights as we do not leave it more than 1 hour for our customers to wait.

10/10/16

Transfer 1 – 11 customers on BA2622 arriving at 10.40 – Separate transfer with the Tour Manager

Transfer 2 – 7 customers on EZY6113 arriving at 15.50 – Separate transfer, an airport rep will meet this flight.

Transfer 3 – 7 customers on ZB466 arriving at 19.05 – Separate transfer, an airport rep will meet this flight.

Kind Regards

Mildred.

Hi Mildred 

You no longer share details of how many people are booked on a tour? But you can tell us the number of people coming in on each flight so we can add it up by ourselves?! I don't understand the difference

SKW2962
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Morning Sandy,

10/10/16

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Morning Mildred,

Thank you for the reply and no need to apologize for the delay I knew it would take some digging.

All the information is much appreciated, but I’m stumped as to why you will no longer give numbers or M/F breakdown, but earlier this morning you gave an age range answer to another poster. Can you explain the rationale behind this JY decision?

Good to hear about the separate transfers – very relevant as I see this week’s flight from Birmingham was 1¼ hours late and would have caused along wait for the other travellers in the group.

Otherwise, I have received the final information pack, thank you. Could you please relay to the writer of the itinerary the following bit of trivia that Monte-Carlo is not the capital of Monaco since Monaco is both a city and an independent nation, otherwise called a sovereign-city state, Monaco is also the capital.

Thank you

Sandy

Moderator2
(Member)
'Jellifer' wrote:

'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Morning Sandy,

10/10/16

Kind Regards

Mildred.

Hi Mildred 

You no longer share details of how many people are booked on a tour? But you can tell us the number of people coming in on each flight so we can add it up by ourselves?! I don't understand the difference

Hi Sandy,

Again that is my mistake.

I have just been told that we will be unable to share that information anymore. I apologise again.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Moderator2
(Member)
'SKW2962' wrote:

'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Morning Sandy,

10/10/16

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Morning Mildred,

Thank you for the reply and no need to apologize for the delay I knew it would take some digging.

All the information is much appreciated, but I’m stumped as to why you will no longer give numbers or M/F breakdown, but earlier this morning you gave an age range answer to another poster. Can you explain the rationale behind this JY decision?

Good to hear about the separate transfers – very relevant as I see this week’s flight from Birmingham was 1¼ hours late and would have caused along wait for the other travellers in the group.

Otherwise, I have received the final information pack, thank you. Could you please relay to the writer of the itinerary the following bit of trivia that Monte-Carlo is not the capital of Monaco since Monaco is both a city and an independent nation, otherwise called a sovereign-city state, Monaco is also the capital.

Thank you

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

I am permitted to give out the age ranges but I wont be able to give out more specific information in other matters due to the fact that our company policies have changed.

I apologise.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

SarahS
(Member)
I'm not so bothered about M/F split and age range: I know age has been an issue for some in the past,  so can understand the decision not to provide that information.  Other operators don't  do this  anyway.  I'm more concerned  at the decision  not to disclose group sizes. At least  we could be given maximum numbers for holidays. From pevious posts, I believe most of American tours are in groups of forty. I would never want to travel with such a large group, so would much appreciate advance information on numbers before choosing to travel.  In the past, your booking agents have able to tell me maximum group sizes. Will this continue?
Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Sarah,

I am allowed to give you information on maximum amount of people Just You take on tours which is around 30 people however I am unable to give you an exact amount of people already booked on a tour.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

SKW2962
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon Sarah,

I am allowed to give you information on maximum amount of people Just You take on tours which is around 30 people however I am unable to give you an exact amount of people already booked on a tour.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Hi Mildred,

I understand that you are required to issue the “it was a hard decision to make” and “it’s new company policy” position, but I’m still curious to know why – maybe who ever made the decision can give you a brief statement as to why JY has decided not to give out information that clearly customers want.

Is it maybe that without the glut of these type questions to answers you will have more time to give to your “wider roles” (as Julia described recently) rather than to moderating the community?

Sandy

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
For me as the paying customer I would want to know the group size, I have no interest ( no offence to anybody) in going on a tour with say 10 people, I know we are all different but I like 25 minimum and 40 maximum anywhere in between that is fine by me, as it then gives me lots of people to interact with. It also give the tour a nice buzz.

I really would like to know why JY have changed their policy on this issue. As with out this information to hand when I book a tour it might make me have to re think things.

Cindy

SarahS
(Member)