BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Elisa/Julia,

As no doubt you know I've an Irish passport and I know I have to obtain visas myself.  I'm thinking of doing the Russia tour next year (depending, of course, that JY run it in 2017 but as things stand I'd say it's looking likely?!) so my question is - will JY send me the visa support letter (for the Irish Russian Embassy, this means specifically an invitation letter and accommodation voucher) or would I contact Russia House directly?  If I did book this holiday, can I rely on JY/Russia House to furnish me with the relevant documents in good time so there wouldn't be any hassles in getting the info promptly so I can process the Russian visa?  As it's a bit of a complex process, it's a bit daunting doing it myself; also there are some differences between UK and Irish visa requirements - although I think this just means I don't have to go to the embassy and get fingerprinted.  I think the other requirements are the same, but I'm not completely sure!! 

Many thanks,

Bob

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay, we work with another agency with Russian visas so it took a little longer than usual. I have however been advised by our Visa Team that:

"Yes, Just You would send the visa support letter with the visa pack once the traveller has booked and yes, it would be sent in good time. At the moment, it doesn’t look as if the traveller has to have fingerprints done as the UK does."

The visa process is a complex process one and we have seen these change over the years (not just with Russia) so it's always worth checking before you go on to book.

Kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia,

Many thanks - that is really helpful and it doesn't sound like it would be a lot of hassle to organise this, once I get the relevant docs from JY in good time!  I will check before booking - provided, of course, that one of the other new tours doesn't entice me first!

All the best,

Bob

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Well Bob, there are one, two - well 17 fantastic new tours that may put a spanner in the works!
BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Now that's a problem that I'd like to have, really looking forward to the new brochure!

All the best,

Bob

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia,

Sorry to bother you again - I've just been reading over these posts again and I'm a bit confused.  I just want to make sure that we are talking about the same things - as far as I can see, the Russian Embassy in Dublin needs two things to process a visa application, apart from the actual application form.  These are a letter of invitation and an accommodation voucher - are these two things included in the visa support letter that JY send out?  I'm just not sure yet if they are the same or not!  Either they are the same, or else the UK and Irish Embassies are looking for different things?!  I do know that in Ireland we do not have to get fingerprinted, so that is something.

Hoping the visa team can clarify this for me!

All the best,

Bob

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob,

According to the visa team, yes, the letter of invitation and accommodation voucher are provided to support your visa application.

Kindest regards.

Julia

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia,

Many thanks for this clarification - it should make the whole visa process much easier and relatively straightforward.  It also means I am much more likely to book this tour if it's available next year.  I'm looking forward to reading the reviews of the tours leaving in September.

All the best,

Bob

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

I'm booked on the September 2nd departure and have successfully applied for, and received, my visa. To aid the process I received some advisory notes, together with a visa support letter (letter of invitation) and an application form, but never an accommodation voucher.

The advisory notes showed the hotel addresses which I had to declare on the application form, but should I have received an accommodation voucher to present on arrival in Russia? Or will the hotel addresses shown on the advisory notes, which I've still got, be sufficient?

I hope that you can clarify this for me.

Many thanks

Mike

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mike,

On speaking to our visa team, the accommodation voucher is part of the letter of invitation which is required to obtain your visa - which you have successfully received.

Kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia,

Sorry another question from me!  Will the letter of invitation etc be sent out by post or emailed?  Just asking as my preferred form of communication is email but I think in this instance by post would definitely be better.  I presume that seeing as the regulations are so stringent that all these documents would be posted, as I'm sure originals would be needed?

Best wishes,

Bob

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

Many thanks for confirming this for me so promptly. The letter of invitation was in Russian, so that explains why I didn't realise it contained the accommodation voucher!

Cheers

Mike

(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Julia,

Sorry another question from me!  Will the letter of invitation etc be sent out by post or emailed?  Just asking as my preferred form of communication is email but I think in this instance by post would definitely be better.  I presume that seeing as the regulations are so stringent that all these documents would be posted, as I'm sure originals would be needed?

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Bob,

The invitation letter will be sent by post with the visa pack.

Kind regards,

Elisa

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Elisa, many thanks for the info.  That's put my mind at rest now!

All the best,

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob

I sincerely hope that the Russia trip will be worth all the hassle of getting a Visa! At the moment Russia is not on top of my wish list as there are so many other places I want to see, but am already looking forward to reading your review on the Russian experience.

Jaya