AELB
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Monty

Could you tell me how many are booked on the first Ultimate Alaska tour next year and if it has been given the green light to run yet?

I have to travel from the Channel Islands and am keen to book my Jersey - UK flights and accommodation while prices are very reasonable. However, I don't want to do it too soon in case the tour doesn't go or the dates change.

Also - when will the optional excursions be available? They weren't on the system when I did my original booking for the tour.

Many thanks

Mandy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mandy,

I hope this tour runs and you have a wonderful time - it looks a fantastic itinerary! Be sure to write a review when you get back as I've my eye on this tour for a few years down the road (if it's still running!)

Cheers,

Bob

SarahS
(Member)
I went to Alaska a few years ago. It's an amazing place. Stuning scenery, amazing wildlife , and very friendly people. You will have a wonderful time. Whale watching there was the experience of a life time. Please write a review when you get home. I would love to go back one day.
AELB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hiya Bob

Yes, I'll certainly do that. I think that my 'duvet with sleeves' which came in so handy in Icelend will get another outing in Alaska! I'll also get to re-use my YakTrax, but this time I'll try to remember to take them off before going indoors on to a tiled floor so that I don't go spinning across the gift shop floor doing a fine impression of Jayne Torvill like I did at Gulfoss:D

Your 'To do list' grows ever larger, I see, but I'm sure we will end up on a JY bus together somewhere exotic again before too long.

All the best

Mandy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mandy, yes my wish list is pretty long but my fear is that some of the more unusual tours won't be around for too long, so it's a real dilemma deciding where to go next!

Here's hoping our paths cross again at some stage!

Cheers,

Bob

SarahS
(Member)
I was there in late May the weather was warm enough to sunbathe! Ended up having to buy t-shirts, having loaded my case with thermals and warm clothes. The climate is unpredictable , best to check the long range forecast before you pack
PeterG
(Member)
'AELB' wrote:

Hiya Bob

Yes, I'll certainly do that. I think that my 'duvet with sleeves' which came in so handy in Icelend will get another outing in Alaska! I'll also get to re-use my YakTrax, but this time I'll try to remember to take them off before going indoors on to a tiled floor so that I don't go spinning across the gift shop floor doing a fine impression of Jayne Torvill like I did at Gulfoss:D

Your 'To do list' grows ever larger, I see, but I'm sure we will end up on a JY bus together somewhere exotic again before too long.

All the best

Mandy

I suspect that in Alaska midge repellent will be of more use than your cold weather gear in May.

Peter

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I would be very interested to read the review of this holiday as it is on my ever growing list of holidays to do in the future. Like Bob it is getting harder and harder to decide where to go first, especially as these new unusual tours are being introduced. I am sure Just You will listen to us and keep them going!

Jaya

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Peter

Is there such a thing as midge repellent or is it the same as mosquito repellent?

Jaya

AELB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for the tips about packing Sarah - as we are going inland and up as far as the Arctic Circle I was planning on plenty of layers anyway. I remember that the Canadian Rockies were freezing and snowy in early September and we were all in fleeces and hats, but when we reached the coast it was t-shirts all the way!

Thanks also for the midge repellent reminder, Peter. I'm a bit of a mozzie magnet so spend most of my JY trips smothered in Deet and reeking of citronella at the best of times:)

Monty - any news on my original questions on this thread or is it too early? I haven't renewed my ESTA yet, so that's next on my list.

Best regards

Mandy

(Member)
Hi Mandy,

I am sorry it has took such a long time to reply. We are waiting to hear back from our agents in Alaska so we can set up the optional excursions. I have chased the relevant people today and I will keep you updated.

At the moment there are 7 people booked on this tour and has not been given the green light as yet. Remember, it is still early days so it'll be looked into a little bit closer to the time.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Peter

Is there such a thing as midge repellent or is it the same as mosquito repellent?

Jaya

Hi Jaya,

Living in Scotland, we certainly know about midges! Tesco sell a midge repellent called Smidge, but you may only be able to buy it up here.

Cheers,

Hils

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Hils

Usually mosquitos stay away from me so hope the midges will too do the same.

Jaya