Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Monty.

I just wanted to give a little compliment out to the planners of this trip and their tweaking of the original holiday (much as I loved it :thumbup:)

At last a flight to Lublijana (albeit from Stansted), and 2 nights in the city. It may be small but it's a lovely city. The chosen hotel there has good ratings on TA and appears to be very central to the city centre which is great.

Also a hotel right on Lake Bled will be great, and the Park is well known as being a good hotel.

A change of hotel too in Portoroz is fine. The salt pans aren't very exciting but including the wine tasting is good. And Piran is lovely. Such a shame that there is no time in the schedule to go to Trieste.

Lovely to see that all the excursions are included too. Going to the caves from Istrian Coast is an expensive optional tour, so excellent to see it included in this trip.

My only "beef" to be honest is why include Portoroz in the first place and make it a proper Julian Alps holiday, with longer in Bled. Then include an optional day trip around the Julian Alps? You only get a taster of them in Bled and Bohinji and there is so much more to see.

But then you couldn't call it "From the Alps to the Adriatic" could you? :D

I hope it sells well for you, and that people appreciate that although you have to fly from Stansted at least now you don't have that long, long transfer to and from Zagreb!

(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It is very interesting to get your thoughts on our new tour, so I will pass this over to the holiday creators.

Kindest Regards,

Monty

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It is very interesting to get your thoughts on our new tour, so I will pass this over to the holiday creators.

Kindest Regards,

Monty

Thanks Monty.

I hope the finished product is as good as it looks on paper. :thumbup:: Now that JY have established a Lublijana flight is available from Stansted perhaps they will re-consider an activity holiday based in Slovenia? I know that I have mentioned this before, but the mountains are great for walking/hiking etc at all levels. Sadly mostly beyond me now but the other walking holidays have proved that there are very active potential customers out there. .

Much as I love it there is more to Slovenia than Lake Bled (much as I love it). 🙂

SarahS
(Member)
Great to see another holiday from Stansted. There are good rail and coach links and plenty of parking on airport and off. I have to admit, to bias, it's my local airport. After a recent multi million refit, facilities are as good as the major London airports, but the smaller size mears far less walking. I've always had good flights with easyjet. On my recent flights, I certainly had more legroom than in BA economy. The cabin crews are always helpful, and the in flight food is good and reasonably priced. The hot bacon rolls are specially recommended. This holiday will definitely go on my wish list.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat I agree! I did a tour to Slovenia way back in 1999 and thoroughly enjoyed it - Ljubljana is a great city and worthy of a proper visit! And a central stay at Lake Bled would certainly be a huge highlight. On the tour I did, we had a day in the Julian Alps including a wine tasting and it was one of the most enjoyable excursions I've done on any tour, the scenery was fabulous.

I would encourage anyone to visit Slovenia, it is a wonderful country!

Best wishes,

Bob

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'SarahS' wrote:

Great to see another holiday from Stansted. There are good rail and coach links and plenty of parking on airport and off. I have to admit, to bias, it's my local airport. After a recent multi million refit, facilities are as good as the major London airports, but the smaller size mears far less walking. I've always had good flights with easyjet. On my recent flights, I certainly had more legroom than in BA economy. The cabin crews are always helpful, and the in flight food is good and reasonably priced. The hot bacon rolls are specially recommended. This holiday will definitely go on my wish list.

I haven't used Stansted since last time I flew to Naples and it does involve an overnight stay for me usually, but I agree it does have good road and rail links. I am pleased to see that JY are including more flights from there. Makes a change from Gatwick and that dreadful M25!

I like EasyJet too Sarah. And I LOVE those bacon rolls! :thumbup::thumbup:

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat I agree! I did a tour to Slovenia way back in 1999 and thoroughly enjoyed it - Ljubljana is a great city and worthy of a proper visit! And a central stay at Lake Bled would certainly be a huge highlight. On the tour I did, we had a day in the Julian Alps including a wine tasting and it was one of the most enjoyable excursions I've done on any tour, the scenery was fabulous.

I would encourage anyone to visit Slovenia, it is a wonderful country!

Best wishes,

Bob

Thanks Bob!

My disappointment with the earlier trip was that we only had a very short time in Ljubljana, and that was only thanks to our great TM Mark, rejigging the schedule. This new trip at least gives one full day there and a centrally located hotel too.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have only flown from Stansted once to Frankfurt Hahn. Gatwick is easy for me to get to but Stansted too is not bad as I can get a coach from Luton. I have to do the same for Heathrow.

Jaya