smudger1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Im thinking of doing peru in november after a check-up with the doc. Could you tell me the make up of the group please and how many are doing the amazon add-on? also I've never done a connecting flight before (hopefully travelling from birmingham). can you tell me how it works with regards to luggage, waiting facilities and what happens if the plane is delayed and I miss the on-ward connecting flight. Cheers

(Member)
Hi smudger1,

There are 7 people booked on the Peru tour alone, and 5 people, with 1 person optioned, booked on the Amazon add-on. This takes the Peru leg of the tour up to 13 people - 4 of which are male and 9 are female.

So as usual, you check your luggage in at Birmingham, and you bags will be checked all the way through to Lima - meaning that you do not have to worry about you bags on your journey. In the unlikely event that you miss your connecting flight due to an airline delay, the airline will put you onto the next available flight. On arriving in Amsterdam, you will go from one gate to another where there will be seating or there will be a transit lounge where you can wait until you depart on the connecting flight.

I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Kindest regards,

Monty

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Smudger1

we did this trip from Birmingham last year, it is very easy, as Monty says your luggage will be checked straight through to Lima, no need to change terminals in Amsterdam, once you know the gate no just head for it, we had bags of time, just bear in mind if you buy water in Amsterdam make sure it is after you have gone through security or they'll take it off you

any questions just ask have a wonderful time and the amazon is something special

all the best

Dave

smudger1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AbbaDave' wrote:

Hi Smudger1

we did this trip from Birmingham last year, it is very easy, as Monty says your luggage will be checked straight through to Lima, no need to change terminals in Amsterdam, once you know the gate no just head for it, we had bags of time, just bear in mind if you buy water in Amsterdam make sure it is after you have gone through security or they'll take it off you

any questions just ask have a wonderful time and the amazon is something special

all the best

Dave

Hi Dave

thanks for the info. So how did ou find the trip? accom, trek (I do quite a lot of walking, but not at altitude). amazon. any suggestions on clothing? indeed any trip info would be most welcome.

Cheers

Ian

AbbaDave
(Member)
'smudger1' wrote:

'AbbaDave' wrote:

Hi Smudger1

all the best

Dave

Hi Dave

thanks for the info. So how did ou find the trip? accom, trek (I do quite a lot of walking, but not at altitude). amazon. any suggestions on clothing? indeed any trip info would be most welcome.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian

the trip was good accommodation was fine, if you do quite a lot of walking the altitude shouldn't be a problem, the only real walking or rather trekking were at Macchu Picchu but compared to Ollytaytambo the sacred city on the optional MP that was a piece of cake, just don't go rushing take your time and you'll be fine, as for clothes take a bit of everything really as the early part of the tour Lima, Paracas can be wet then it dries out and gets warmer then you get to Cusco and it gets rather chilly and cold so a bit of everything really raincoat teeshirts and sweater or fleece, the amazon gets hot and sticky, def take some good mozzie spray for the amazon and lip balm for cusco, we loved Arequiba, oh drink lots of bottled water, in the amazon they supply it and drink the cocoa tea supplied in most places it helps with the altitude, if you have Rosario as your TM you'll be in super great hands as i'm sure you will be with whom ever you get, enjoy it its a great trip

Dave

smudger1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Monty

ive been reading that on some tours there are some group booking. are there any on the peru trip as I wouldnt like to be the only single going.

Cheers

Ian

(Member)
Hi Ian,

From what I can see, there are no group bookings for Peru in November, including the add on. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to see whether a group of friends (who book separately) are on the trip.

Do not be alarmed though, a lot of the larger groups travel outside of the tours/departures available for our single travellers, and if there is a group booking we do inform the people booked on the trip.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty