Dina
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Julia

I have booked Discover Vietnam departing on 5th November.

In the Dec 14 brochure it states that there is the use of an airport lounge on this holiday, however there is no mention of this on the website.

I would be grateful, please, if you could check this out and then confirm which is correct.

Kind Regards

Di

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Di,

I've just had a quick look at your booking, and I can see in the system that you do have use of the airport lounge in the UK.

Thanks

Jules

Dina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jules

Thank you very much for the info.

Notice a change of name here, do you prefer being called Jules or Julia then?

Kind regards

Di

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Oops, slip of the fingertips....

I am known around JYHQ as Jules. However, when addressing customers I do tend to use Julia. In all the jobs I've had, I've always been 'Jules' to my colleagues and 'Julia' for official business - no idea why!

If I'm honest I prefer Jules but as I've been Julia for so long on the community, I think it'd be too hard to change now.

Kindest regards

Julia (Jules)

Avocet64
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Oops, slip of the fingertips....

I am known around JYHQ as Jules. However, when addressing customers I do tend to use Julia. In all the jobs I've had, I've always been 'Jules' to my colleagues and 'Julia' for official business - no idea why!

If I'm honest I prefer Jules but as I've been Julia for so long on the community, I think it'd be too hard to change now.

Kindest regards

Julia (Jules)

I would be quite happy to call you Jules if you didn't mind us (as customers) calling you that, putting the two names together Jules seems more informal and friendly. If regulars to the forum would like to use Jules then I guess in time we would forget to call you Julia.

Avocet

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Of course I don't mind, I often find myself having to delete Jules and retype Julia!

Jules

AbbaDave
(Member)
:
'Dina' wrote:

Hi Jules

Thank you very much for the info.

Notice a change of name here, do you prefer being called Jules or Julia then?

Kind regards

Di

oooh goody goody Di we can have a few nibbles and drinkies in the airport lounge, never had that luxury before, was denied that on the Australia trip due to change of airline and terminal :cool:

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dave and Dina,

You'll enjoy the airport lounge experience - a great way to start a holiday! And I am sure you will love Vietnam as much as I did, a fantastic country with great scenery, lovely people (and food) and fascinating culture and history. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Bob

Dina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Bob

Thank you for your comments regarding the executive lounge. I have been fortunate to have had the use of an executive lounge on three previous JY holidays. An executive lounge is particularly good if it is your first trip with JY and you haven't met anyone with a JY label prior to check in. My pal Margaret and I have been known to have had a couple of early morning brandies in the executive lounge prior to our flights.

Our friend Pat is doing the add-on to Vietnam but doesn't use this forum. She was concerned about the long stop-over at KL on return. Am I right in thinking, Bob, that you booked the executive lounge at KL on your stop-over?

Am sure AbbaDave will enjoy the executive lounge, too.

Hope you have a great holiday in Namibia and look forward to your review.

Regards

Di

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Di, many thanks for your kind comments. We had an eight hour stopover in KL on the way back. I was dreading it, but it wasn't too bad. One of our tour party was a frequent flier and had access to one of the executive lounges - unfortunately I can't remember which one but it was one that allows the public in for a charge. As we were with her, we got admission at a reduced rate. It was upstairs and beside a number of other lounges, that's all I can remember. Definitely worth it, we could stay there for three hours. We then went for a meal and wandered around the shops until it was time to go to the gate. So the time passed quite quickly in the end. A small inconvenience which didn't detract from my enjoyment of the holiday!

Have a great tour,

Bob

Jan Myers
(Member)
'Dina' wrote:

Hi Bob

Thank you for your comments regarding the executive lounge. I have been fortunate to have had the use of an executive lounge on three previous JY holidays. An executive lounge is particularly good if it is your first trip with JY and you haven't met anyone with a JY label prior to check in. My pal Margaret and I have been known to have had a couple of early morning brandies in the executive lounge prior to our flights.

Our friend Pat is doing the add-on to Vietnam but doesn't use this forum. She was concerned about the long stop-over at KL on return. Am I right in thinking, Bob, that you booked the executive lounge at KL on your stop-over?

Am sure AbbaDave will enjoy the executive lounge, too.

Hope you have a great holiday in Namibia and look forward to your review.

Regards

Di

I did the vietnam and Cambodia tour in March 2014. For an extra charge we also used the executive lounge at KL as we had the 7- 8 hour stop over ( sorry I can't remember the name either) Our tour manager ( Lynne ) helped to sort it out. I too found time passed much quicker than expected. In the lounge as well as the usual snacks and drinks ( unlimited non-alcoholic plus 1 alcoholic) we could have a complimetary 15 minute massage and they had good shower facilities ( they provide towels and gel, shampoo etc) this was really good ( but book time for both as soon as you get into lounge... Slots book up quickly) we had time to chat about holiday and look at one another's photos whilst there, plus we took it turns to go for a look around ( thus keeping seats and hand luggage in one place). I'm sure that we stayed longer than the allotted 3 hours. Hope you have a fantastic holiday.

Dina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
AbbaDave
(Member)
early morning brandies!!! Dididdly ho ho!!!

what with pat on her red wine and you two on the brandies we'll have to just blush our way on to the plane lol just kidding but i'll be hoping to get a couple of swift halves down myself too

we only have a couple of hours in KL both ways as we touch down at 21.50 and depart for LHR 23.55, does Pat have longer then after the add on

Dave

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Bob

have a great time in Namibia, that and Costa Rica are on my bucket list for next year, only wish we were going this year, look forward to your super review, according to our flight information we only have a 2 hr wait in KL on return from Vietnam, it sounds a wonderful tour, will prob do all three optionals but if I were to give one of them a miss it would be the cu chi tunnels as is there still ample time to see Saigon as well as do the tour

all the best

Dave

Dina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jan

Thank you for responding to my query about the use of an executive lounge in KL.

It is our friend that is doing the add-on to Vietnam who is concerned about the stop-over in KL on her return. AbbaDave and I are OK as we only have a couple of hours in KL but Pat has about 7 hours. Unfortunately I don't think that Pat uses this forum.

Kind regards

Di