kpdl
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia

I am booked on the Yosemite, Grand Canyon & Classic California trip, leaving 31st May.

I would like to know some details about the stay in San Francisco, as I and a couple of fellow travellers would like to book an independent trip to Alcatraz.

Can you confirm we will be arriving in San Fran on the 7th June, staying 2 nights leaving on 9th.

Approximately what time do we arrive?

Which day and what time is the JY Escape from the Rock cruise expected to run?

Will the rest of the time in San Fran be free to explore independently?

This is my first JY trip so I don't want to make any mistakes :s

Many thanks

Karen.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Karen,

This is a brand new tour for 2015, so until we have a Tour Manager report from the first departure all timings are approximate at this stage but....

Yes, I can confirm that you will be arriving in San Francisco on 7th June, staying for 2 nights and leaving on the 9th.

You'll arrive at approximately 2pm and the city tour will last for about 3 hours.

We have the cruise planned for Day 9 (8th June) - the timetable for May has not yet been released by our partner but this is currently operating at 11:30am and lasts for about 90minutes.

Yes, when not on an included or optional excursion, the rest of the time is free for you to explore independently (or with some of your fellow travellers).

I hope you enjoy your first trip with us. I personally think that Yosemite offers some stunning photo opportunities and San Francisco is great fun.

Kindest regards,

Julia

p.s. The following is my own opinion and not that of the company but... if you find yourself in the area, in San Francisco there is a cable car museum on the corner of Washington & Mason - its free to enter, takes up bout 15-30 minutes of your time but allows you to see the engines and wheels that pull the cables for the cable cars. I'm not a transport buff, but I thought this was really interesting and I was completely mesmerised by the whole thing!

karell01
(Member)
Hi Julia

Can you let us know how many are booked on this trip now please and m/f ratio?

Many thanks.

Karen

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Karen,

There are 26 travellers booked on this trip with the group being made up of 9 men and 17 women.

As there are still some places available, feel free to ask me for an update on the numbers closer to departure.

Kindest regards,

Julia

karell01
(Member)
Thank you Julia

Could you tell me if you have the cost of an upgrade for the flights please? Also are we allowed to choose our seats before check-in?

Many thanks.

Karen

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Karen,

Flight upgrades are available on a number of our holidays and our Holiday Advisors are the best to guide you on these prices as they have a special "system" which I'm afraid I don't have access to.

If you are on a group booking we can put in a request for your preferred seat, but this sadly cannot be guaranteed.

Kindest regards,

Julia

SarahS
(Member)
If you do upgrade, you should be able to select your seat at the time of booking except for BA flights. I always travel in business on long haul flights. In my experience, not all JY agents are helpful when it comes to upgrades. Make sure you ask for your personal booking number if you do upgrade, so you can check in on line.. I haven't flown BA premium class for a long time, so can't comment on that , but having recently flown business with them to the States and back I was appalled by the poor standards of service. The new cabin layout is very cramped. It cost an extra £130 to preselect my seats both ways. I gather my fellow travellers had a dreadful time in economy. I certainly won't be considering any future long haul holidays using BA flights. All the other airlines I upgraded on were fine, even Air China was so much better than BA..
kpdl
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia,

Thanks for the earlier information about San Francisco.

I was just wondering how many travellers are flying from Manchester?

Thanks

Karen

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Karen,

At the moment there are 9 confirmed travellers flying from Manchester, and there is an additional traveller who is provisionally flying from Manchester.

Kindest regards,

Julia

kpdl
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Karen,

At the moment there are 9 confirmed travellers flying from Manchester, and there is an additional traveller who is provisionally flying from Manchester.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia

Thanks for that info.

Karen

Mick W
(Member)
Julia,

Looking at the "excurrsions" tab which is a great idea I'm a bit shocked at a couple of the prices it shows.

Fixed wing and helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon are both showing as £999, please tell me that is wrong can fly to Australia for that.

On this holiday can you tell me who is Tour Manager please ?

Thanks

Mick

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mick - this has been raised as an issue and our team 'upstairs' are scrambling to fix this!

The Tour Manager provisionally allocated to this tour is Stephen Rodaway.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Mick W
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Mick - this has been raised as an issue and our team 'upstairs' are scrambling to fix this!

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia, :thumbup:

Met Stephen last year on "Heart & Soul" he is a excellent Tour Manager and organiser, his daily handouts were a real bonus, gave us all the information we needed.

Mick

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

Julia,

Looking at the "excurrsions" tab which is a great idea I'm a bit shocked at a couple of the prices it shows.

Fixed wing and helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon are both showing as £999, please tell me that is wrong can fly to Australia for that.

On this holiday can you tell me who is Tour Manager please ?

Thanks

Mick

Mick

perhaps it should read £9.99 you can only dream it will be that!

Cindy

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

'Julia' wrote:

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia, :thumbup:

Met Stephen last year on "Heart & Soul" he is a excellent Tour Manager and organiser, his daily handouts were a real bonus, gave us all the information we needed.

Mick

He is brilliant - he led my Berlin City break last year and I think he's an absolute star.