gill54
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia

I'm interested in the above holiday. I've had a look at trip advisor for the hotel and comments are quite supportive for it. However a few have commented that as a single traveller the single rooms are incredibly small and there is not a view of the lake. So my question is can I book a Lake View room and pay a supplement for it.

Thanks

Gill

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Gill,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you I wanted to double check some details with a colleague first. But, there is no need to pay a supplement for a lake view room as we contract lake view rooms with a balcony for all of our customers at this hotel.

Kindest regards,

Julia

gill54
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Gill,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you I wanted to double check some details with a colleague first. But, there is no need to pay a supplement for a lake view room as we contract lake view rooms with a balcony for all of our customers at this hotel.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Many thanks Julia - I've booked it already. Anyone else out there going to Lake Como on 6 July?

Gill

simplyred
(Member)
Hi Gill

I went on this trip last year - it's very good! I suggest you request a high level floor as there is considerable road noise almost 24 hours and the hotel is opposite the ferry stops which starts at 6am! I had a room on the very top floor whereas most people were on low levels and found the noise a bit of a problem so its worth contacting the hotel direct. The room itself was compact with quite old ( vintage?) furniture however the double bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was modernised to a high standard. Plenty of room! the hotel is in a good position for catching ferries - worth exploring on free days. Food is european buffet style but you can get real Italian food for lunch when you're out and about.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Jane

gill54
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'simplyred' wrote:

Hi Gill

I went on this trip last year - it's very good! I suggest you request a high level floor as there is considerable road noise almost 24 hours and the hotel is opposite the ferry stops which starts at 6am! I had a room on the very top floor whereas most people were on low levels and found the noise a bit of a problem so its worth contacting the hotel direct. The room itself was compact with quite old ( vintage?) furniture however the double bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was modernised to a high standard. Plenty of room! the hotel is in a good position for catching ferries - worth exploring on free days. Food is european buffet style but you can get real Italian food for lunch when you're out and about.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Jane

Jane

Many thanks for your advice. I will certainly email the hotel and ask for a high room as you suggest.

Gill

Alison1073
(Member)
Hi Gill

I also did this trip last year, on 3rd floor no problem with ferry or road noise. Room was lovely, spacious and comfortable. Would highly recommend this and would love to visit again fell in love with Como. I would strongly recommend Bernino pass tour stunning scenery.

Alison