sallyc
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Tim

Having at last got the fab new brochure I really like the look of the Icelandic Splendours trip and am thinking about doing this one next March. Could you please give me an idea of the bookings for the two dates and the age ranges so far.

Thanks

Sally

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sally,

I'm so pleased to hear that you have received the new brochure.

For the two March Icelandic Splendours departure, only the 15th March has bookings. So, there are currently two travellers heading to Reykjavik - and both travellers are in their 60s.

Kindest regards,

Julia

sallyc
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Julia and welcome back. Did you have a good holiday?
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Not a problem, it's what I'm here for! I had a wonderful holiday thank-you.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Welcome back Julia! Glad you had a good holiday. I'm thinking about the 22 March departure - it's early days yet but I'll hopefully be booking next month. Hope some others do too!!

Cheers,

Bob

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob,

It is still early days - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I absolutely loved Iceland when I went last year so I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Kindest regards,

Julia

sallyc
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Julia

I've just had a look online and the 22 March departure to Iceland has disappeared. Does that mean this date is no longer running or is it a glitch in the system?

Sally

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sallyc

This date has been closed which means we are no longer taking bookings on it.

Kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia, does that mean the date is no longer running? If so, is the other March date running?

Best wishes,

Bob

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob,

It's under review at the moment. As for the other March date, as it's a new tour, we would ideally like to get a March departure away but as with all of our tours, it is subject to numbers.

Kindest regards,

Julia

sallyc
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia

I've gone ahead with booking for 15th March - could you let me know the provisional flight times to help me sort out my plans.

Thanks

Sally

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sally, great news!

Provisional flight times are depart London Heathrow 13:00hrs, return London Heathrow at 16:30hrs.

Kindest regards,

Julia

ceetee
(Member)
Hi Julia

Can you tell me if this tour on 15th March is definitely running?

Thanks,

Caroline

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Caroline,

This departure has been cleared to operate and there are currently 22 travellers booked.

Kindest regards,

Julia

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia

Happy New Year and glad to hear that we've got the green light for 15th March!

I read over the weekend that there is a company that runs helicopter flights over the volcanoes in Iceland. I know this isn't one of the JY optional excursions but are you aware of who this might be, if they will be running at that time of year and if we would potentially have enough time during our' times at leisure' to fit a trip in? (as an FYI, I'm planning to do both of the JY optionals)

Thanks as always

Mandy

ceetee
(Member)
Just booked - think I'm number 26 now.

Good to have a nice little holiday to look forward to after the downer of coming back to work after Christmas break.

Caroline

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

Who is the tour manager for this holiday? Great that so many have booked it in recent weeks!

Cheers,

Bob

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob,

The Tour Manager provisionally allocated to this departure is Karen Buckfield.

And I've just had another look in the system and can tell you that another traveller has booked since Caroline, and we are up to 27, with just 8 places left!

Kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

Many thanks for the info, it should be a great little tour!

Cheers,

Bob

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
'AELB' wrote:

Hi Julia

Happy New Year and glad to hear that we've got the green light for 15th March!

I read over the weekend that there is a company that runs helicopter flights over the volcanoes in Iceland. I know this isn't one of the JY optional excursions but are you aware of who this might be, if they will be running at that time of year and if we would potentially have enough time during our' times at leisure' to fit a trip in? (as an FYI, I'm planning to do both of the JY optionals)

Thanks as always

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

Sorry for the delay on this I asked one question which then in my mind pre-empted some others...

So, your free time is on the afternoon of Days 2 & 3 and you would have time to fit in a helicopter flight on either afternoon. The Golden Circle tour is on Day 4 and the Northern Lights excursion is also on Day 4 (weather permitting). Now, if at the start of the trip, the weather forecast for Day 4 is poor, the Northern Lights tour will be moved to an earlier day. Your Tour Manager will be able to advise you on when this excursion will actually take place.

In terms of who the company may be - I have been advised that unfortunately we are unable to suggest any companies that offer this due to health & safety reasons.

Kindest regards,

Julia